Harry's House

-- Jade in 3rd year --

Jade's POV
Chapter 4 : Year 3

"Harry! Harry! Open the door!" Harry's Aunt called.

Yes, that's right, I'm at Harry's house. My parents got in touch with Harry's Aunt and Uncle and I'm staying until school starts. The only problem is Harry wasn't exaggerating about his life out of Hogwarts. I feel sorry for him but he seemed to like me for company, I'm SOOO glad because a have a little crush on him. Also, Dudley seemed to have a crush on me. Great.

Harry opened the door with me standing on the bottom step, by the side of him. A large woman stepped in dropping a soaking wet umbrella in Harry's hands. It's Harry's other Aunt. Aunt Marge.

Harry described her to me as a fat lump of a woman who has no sense of humour or politeness. That's it! I'm not getting on with her.

After Marge said hi to Vernon and Petunia, she turned around to me and Harry in the doorway.

"Ugh, are you still here?" She asked.
"Yes," Harry said, ungratefully. I smiled and it faded when she turned to me.
"Don't say 'yes' in that ungrateful way! And who's this? Your girlfriend?" She said, smiling evilly at me.

"Jade Dawson," I said, crossing my arms," friend, classmate and housemate." She snorted. Dudley started to laugh at the TV.

"Is that my Dudders? Is that my little neffy-poo?" She exclaimed hugging Dudley's neck. I snickered before Vernon told us:
"Take Marge's suitcase upstairs!" We nodded.

"Blimey, what's in here? Bricks?" I said, trying to pick up the suitcase. Harry came from behind and easily picked it up.
"Yeah, she likes to collect them," Harry said sarcastically. I laughed and we managed to get the suitcase into the room. I was about to go out of the room but Harry grabbed my arm.

"Listen Jade, I'm sorry."
"For what?" I asked, confused.
"For spending the most boring time away from home. And meeting my selfish aunt." Harry explained, looking down at his feet.
"Harry, I just wanted to make you happy. I feel really sorry for you when you have to stay here at the holidays. That's why I came here," I said and he looked up at me and smiled his cute, little smile. He leapt forward and hugged me. I hugged him back tightly.
"Besides, I can just pull a prank on her," I smiled, mischievously.
"Save it until later," Harry whispered. We ran downstairs.

Ok, so now Harry and I are a waiter and waitress. We are collecting the plates and bringing them over to the side to wash up. Harry awkwardly had to pick up the dog's plate and passed it over to me.

"Do you want to try a drop of brandy, my little Rippy-poo?" Marge said, bringing her cup down to the dog. Oh yeah, that's totally a drop.
"What are you two smirking at?" I looked away and Harry shrugged.

"Where did you send the boy, Vernon?" Marge asked. Please don't say Hogwarts, please don't say Hogwarts.
"St. Brutus'." Phew.
"It's a fine institution for hopeless cases." Vernon explained to his sister. I looked at Harry the same time he looked at me.
"Do they use a cane at Brutus', boy?" The fat woman asked, turning to Harry. Vernon looked at his nephew as if to say 'yes'. Harry stopped and I looked at him.

"Oh yeah! Yeah, I've been beaten up loads of times, yeah," Harry lied. I smirked to myself. Harry turned around and winked at me while I put a plate away.

"Excellent," Marge smiled evilly at Harry's back,"I won't have this Nampy-pampy wishy-washing nonsense about not beating people who deserve it. You won't blame this one on how he turned out, Vernon. It's all to do with the blood. Bad blood will out." My smile faded away and so did Harry's. Marge clicked her fingers at me to go take Vernon's cup away.

"What did the boy's father do?" God woman, this 'boy' has a name!
"Nothing. He didn't work. He was unemployed." Petunia said, stuttering a bit.
"And a drunk too, no doubt?" Marge scoffed. I was about to get my wand out but Harry beat me by saying:
"That's a lie."

"What did you say?" Marge slightly raised her voice.
"My dad wasn't a drunk!" Harry turned around. Suddenly, the glass, that was in Marge's hand, smashed. We all gasped and Petunia screamed a bit.

Marge just laughed.
"Don't worry. Don't fuss, Petunia. I have a very firm grip," she said empathising the word 'firm' whilst, making a fist hand. I looked at Harry in shock and he mouthed 'what just happened?'. I shrugged, still in a shocking state.
"I think it's time you both went to bed," Vernon said.

"Quiet, Vernon! You! Clean it up!" Harry got a cloth and stared to clean it up. I took Vernon's glass over to the sink and refilled it.

"Actually, it's nothing to do with the father," Marge carried on," it's all to do with the mother. You see it all the time in dogs. If there's something wrong with the bitch, then there's something wrong with the pup."
"Shut up! Shut UP!" Harry roared, throwing the cloth on the floor, furiously.

God, I really should have stayed at home tonight.

"Hm, let me tell you something," Marge hummed, putting her elbow in the table."You--"

Her finger was getting bigger! The lights were flickering and the wind was blowing outside, quite strong. She started to inflate?! I dropped the glass on the floor and it smashed. Nobody noticed because they were to busing focusing on the even FATTER woman.
"Vernon! Do something!"
"Ow!"
"Grrr..."
"Argh!" Too much noise was heard.

"Jade, I said save the prank until later!" Harry yelled over the chaos, turning to me.
"Do you think this is a prank?" I yelled back," But I really do hope that we don't have to clean that up." Harry turned to the table and Marge was holding the cloth as she flew up. She was heading through the conservatory and into the open-door garden.
Harry and I edged to the door.

Harry's POV

What on earth is going on? Why is my aunt flying? Did I cast a spell on her without even knowing? Questions were popping in and out of my head. Whatever happened she deserved it.

Worst of all, I feel so sorry for Jade. She had to spend 3 days here because she liked to see me. I feel like that's the nicest thing anyone has done for me.

Without warning, Jade grabbed my hand. I smiled to myself. I have had a crush on Jade since 1st year. She's pretty, talented, funny and all that. I'm SOOOO glad that we are great friends.

Marge seemed to float all they way up because she was screaming even louder. I pulled Jade out of the kitchen and up into my room.

"We're going to find a way to get to Hogwarts," I said, looking into her ocean-blue eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~

HI!

What do you think?
Jade is spending some time with Harry and they are going to find a way to get to Hogwarts (Harry said so himself).

Sorry, if there is grammar or spelling mistakes (I'm no expert!).

Please vote, comment, follow me and add this book. That would mean so much to me!!!

Word count: 1253!

Toodles!
~ Ellie (Author) xox