Old man's Retirement

"Gramps! What do you mean that I am specially assigned to this little weed?" frowning at the little seedling on the middle of our little garden my father adored so much.

"I'm not that Old you little twerp!" Jackson Leonel, my father snorted as he shook his head disapprovingly at me. He looked at me again and smirked evilly at me. He just know how I don't like plant's and all. I know everybody likes the nature but growing up surrounded by green and brown or maybe some other plant and tree colors sure is like living surrounded by vomit.... weird comparison I know but its just that I somehow grew tired of the surrounding.

I want a change of environment... maybe something like the rocky mountains or the snow. Why you ask? I live in the Philippines where those things were only a dream. Sure it rained hail magically but those were abnormalities since we are in a tropical area. The sun is good here though everybody is toned which all other foreigners were dying to have since they were so white and pale while the locals admire the whites so much and do things to imitate the whiteness of the foreigners. Really... just human nature..... I don't care though. I just want a change..

"Yeah Yeah.. I forgot you're a kid in heart.. I wonder where I put the Diapers" I noted sarcastically and I was rewarded by a smack in the back of my head playfully. I just smirked at his angry expression but he just fails miserably to look scary. Let's face it, not all man can look scary even if they try... He just look like joking while frowning and looks like a cute pup..

"Anyway, why is that little thing should be personally attended by me? Can't you just leave it and grow it by itself? Its a tree specie for goodness sake!" I whined since this childish act seriously worms my way on things that I don't like. What can I say? I like having my way on things. Not that I'm abusive and rebellious though.. just a little spoiled.. not by much....

"Why do you look like that?" he replied.

"Look like what?" I asked confused. Sometimes this old man of mine is the most confusing and interesting human in the world.

"Like that.." he said while pointing an accusing finger on me... while others see it as offensive and impolite, I see it as playful and interesting. Why? I just do...

"I just do? There's no reason or do you mean it's on my parent's gene? Not that I know them.." I replied coolly but deep inside I'm always curious what my parent's look like. Maybe they were something interesting. Who knows maybe I'm a prince? Oh maybe a son of a billionaire. Hope I was not a son of a run away princess though.... that would totally suck if suddenly there were some weird look thrown on me. Those were just dream though... even the old man knows nothing and I can see its true..

" Well.. I just do too. So you take care of it." he ended the conversation and just went to grab a sprinkler and started to water his beloved orchids.. sometimes I wonder if my old man was a girl..... he do the weirdest things. I mean he is macho macho sometimes then the next thing you would notice he was talking with his plants hanging on the walls or the weeds he is cutting... its great having an interesting pops right?

I grumble but nodded in the end. Its not everyday he ask me something so I just let him have his way. Its just a little weed anyway. Its not like a twenty story like tree that I have to trim and all. I walked towards the shed to get the tools I need. Then I began plucking the weeds around this little twerp that is bothering my reading sessions.

Oh! I forgot to introduce myself. I am Devon with the last name I don't know. Yeah I'm named after all the villains on the books. Coincidentally, my pops was also one of those villains on the book you read maybe not everyday but there are some. Anyway back to me.. I am a part timer on my pops business. We own a little garden shop where people who were lazy enough to grow some plant or tree and buy one that can be left and grow alone with just a little watering. Silly or maybe smart of them. Taking care of a little plant is much more tiring than blinking your eyelids. Anyway fellas... cookies?