Marshmallow Wrestling

After about 5 minutes of waiting for water to boil we resorted to sitting on opposite sides of the couch trying to get marshmallows into the other persons mouth. I sucked at the game with more than 3/4 of my marshmallows landing on the floor around me. He, however, excelled. I don't think he ended up missing one of them. "Stop beating me!" I yelled playfully. "I can't help it," his beautiful laugh breaking through his words. I got quickly and stile the bag of marshmallows from him. "Hey you prick, give them back." I hugged the back trying to protect them with my whole body and he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around mine, trying to grab the bag and failing. Just then a rather annoyed looking girl with dark brown hair and wearing a light blue dress came in. "Having fun?" She said her voice stinging as it skipped in the air. Joe retracted quickly I rested the marshmallows on the counter. "This is my neighbor, Cara. Cara, this is my girlfriend Olyvia. I felt a deep red overwhelm my cheeks. "It's nice to meet you," I said forcing a smile along my mouth. She grinned but there was definitely some frustration and aggravation behind it. "Is this why you weren't answering your phone?" She said with the same sting as before. "Oh um sorry I left my phone in my flat. I was just helping her move her bed and then we're mak-" she cut him short. She was on the verge of yelling "it's fine, okay. I don't need to hear it. How about we forget this happened and get together tonight for dinner? I'll cook." I looked at Joe but he wouldn't look at me. He looked nervous. "That sounds lovely, thank you" even I felt relieved my cheeks still burned. "Um joe? Are we leaving?" He scrambled into action. "Right right, um bye" he said calmly. Then his girlfriend grabbed his hand and they left. I was nervous obviously. Joe was gorgeous and kind, of course I wouldn't mind being with him, but I wasn't interested in tearing two people apart.
IN THE NEXT PART WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS AT DINNER!!!!