Never had a Taco

"I can't believe you! You poor child, have been deprived!" Claire exclaimed as she held tight to her friends hand.

Quinn Reed had never in her life, had a taco. Luckily for her, and her friends, a taco cart had been set up right outside the venue. None of them had eaten dinner, so when intermission came they took advantage.

Claire, Quinn and their friends Harper and Louise - her friends called her Dolly- had decided to spend their Friday evening at a Circus show. It was through the circus Claire attended. She herself knew many of the performers.

The circus gave these shows frequently however this was Quinn's first time going, along with Harper. It would also be Quinn's first taco, as previously stated.

The girls weaved their way in and out of the crowds, navigating their way to the front entrance. Dolly stopped when they walked by Claire's mother. "Edna, Quinn has never had a taco. We're going to go change that." Edna looked at Claire in shock. "Never?" Her voice was played overly dramatic. One thing Quinn liked about Clare's mom.

In response, Quinn shook her head. Edna placed her hands on her hips. "Well I guess tonight is a good night for you." She reached into her purse and handed her daughter and Harper a twenty.

Claire took the cash, "Thanks mum," and once again grasped Quinn ' s hand and pulled her along. Harper too thanked Edna and her and Dolly trailed after their friends.

The four of them stepped out into the brisk night. A small line had gathered at the end of the truck. An assortment of people who too wanted a taco.

"So Claire some of these people stayed at your house?" Dolly asked, slipping her phone from her jacket pocket. "Ya, during the summer, to do the camps. There were some cute foreign guys too." Quinn looked at her friend accusingly. "And you didn't tell me why?" Now Quinn wasn't boy crazy, but that didn't mean she didn't look.

"Don't worry, we'll probably host again this summer and I'll tell you." Claire patted Quinn's arm. Quinn held out a pointed finger. "Don't touch me."

''You gotta tell me too,''Harper added.

The girls waited in line. When a large man stepped out of view, they leaned over and looked closely at the menu. ''Geez, eight bucks for two tacos.'' Harper pointed out. Dolly sighed, '' God, I'm so broke. I mean I have enough 'cause my parents gave me money, its just I'm so broke.'' She leaned on Claire's shoulder an faked a cry. In response Claire rolled her eyes.

It seemed everyone was being dramatic today.

''I had to buy the damn apple juice!'' Dolly wailed. Harper and Quinn shared small laughs while Claire awkwardly patted Dolly's arm. ''Stand up, people are staring at us.''

Dolly whipped her head up. ''Good, maybe some sap will feel bad and donate.'' She looked around with her hands on her hips. ''Can I help who's next?''

The girl's turned to face the guy in charge of making the tacos. Harper gave a nudge. ''Yes, actually. My good friend here has never had a taco.''