Chapter 3 : The Buried Feelings

"... if you are suffering (hardships) then surely, they (too) are suffering (hardships) as you are suffering, but you have a hope from Allah (for the reward) that for which they hope not; and Allah is Ever All-Knowing, All-Wise" Quran (Surah An-Nisa:104).

Chapter 3 :

The Buried Feelings

        When she gave others a hope to live their lives, mending the broken souls and making them smile, all hopes of living the life she had imagined for herself was lost.

        Clinging on to the dream that now was shattered to pieces or to move on with the flow, she didn't know what to do.

     When everyone around was happy for the change soon to come in her life, she tried to be happy only for the sake of their happiness.

         She was someone who always stood out of the crowd, though she herself never knew. Having a heart of gold, she smiled through all the pain that life put on her way.

      One by one all her dreams were broken, but she stood firm for she knew He would never wrong her, her faith had it all.

         She prayed for the ones who did good to her, she prayed for the ones who hurt her for she knew guidance is all that they need.

         Just a few days left, when she will be married to Zohair and this thought scared her. She didn't know how to deal with this, though she has fought the battles of life and has won many but she feared, she couldn't afford to lose this one else she would lose a part of herself.

" What's the use of all this?" Sameera said looking at all the expensive designer clothes and jewellery her parents bought for her wedding despite all her disapprovals.

" I want your wedding to be the perfect one. I have always dreamt of this day and I don't want anything to be left out, after all my princess is getting married." Mr. Asad smiled looking at his daughter. Indeed every parent wants their daughter's marriage to be a beautiful one, but little do they care, happiness and love is what makes it perfect not these worldly things.

" Dad I know you want it to be the best and I love all this but these mere things cannot make it perfect. I mean can't we do everything with simplicity?" With a little ray of hope, she said it to her father though she knew as much as she wants things to be simple and sober, more her family believes in the plush and luxury to maintain the high standards they have.

" What has happened to you my child ? There are so many girls who can just dream to have the biggest day of their lives to be celebrated this way and here you are saying this." Mrs. Zeenat said trying to make her daughter understand but she didn't know Sameera is different, someone who stands out of the crowd.

" Mum, why can't we just forget what everyone else wants us to do and do things the way we want and the way we should? "

" You are my daughter and your happiness is all that matters to me but you are young, you don't understand what everyone expects from us. I want your wedding to be so grand that when people attend, they will be full of praises but still if you want things your way, fine we will do it simply." Mr. Asad said as sadness took over his face. He wanted the day to be grand and royal.