Chapter 6

Luckily Katherine didn't have anymore classes because she started crying on the way to her room. "Kat?" she heard a familiar voice and turned around to see Tyson "What's wrong, I saw dad looking shocked, which never happens and now your crying." Tyson said in his sweet big brother voice "Nothing, Ty." Kat replied to him wiping her tears "Kat, don't do that I know when something's wrong." Tyson replied getting closer to Kat "Fine, you want to know what's wrong?! Dad is what's wrong! He's my guardian and one of my teachers!" Katherine responded. She didn't want to yell at Tyson, but she did. "Kat I'm so sorry-" he started to say "I'll see you and dad at dinner tonight." Kat replied and went into her room. 

Katherine just decided to do her homework even though it was Friday. It usually helped her get distracted. It did, when she looked over to see what time it was it was already 5:50. She rushed to get something on and headed to her dad's room. 

Her dad answered the door. "Kat, come in." is all he said. Katherine came in and saw Tyson getting plates and setting down the pizza on a small table. Katherine couldn't help feel guilty though for getting her dad mad, but it made her feel better when her brother smiled at her. 

It was quite through dinner, but it was ok for Kat. Well, kind of ok. Her dad was basically just talking about school, nothing else, she knew he was upset. "Dad, I'm sorry." she said bringing the attention to her. Her dad was just talking to Tyson about the move he learned in his field training. "For what Katherine?" is what Anthony replied. Katherine knew this was going to be a hard conversation, because her dad actually called her Katherine. "For yelling at you, even though I had a perfectly good reason to." she said "Did you really Katherine?" Anthony asked "Yes, I did dad. I'm not a little kid, you and Ty can't just keep treating me like one!" she said "We are not treating you like a little kid." Anthony said "Really? Ok, then what do you call being my mentor and teacher?" she asked "Protecting you." Tyson said "How many times have I told you guys, I don't need protecting! Look, I know your just extra worried about me after mom died-" Katherine said and was glad her dad cut her off, she never liked talking about her mom's death "Katherine Katelyn Wilson, that is enough!" Anthony said "No, dad, it's not enough! Look, I'm not mom. I know I remind you of her, but I'm not her. I get that your protective of me after she died! You don't have to hide that from me!" Katherine said "Kat, stop!" Tyson said "No, Ty. Dad that doesn't mean you can keep me away from things that are totally ridiculous, like Josh. He's a nice guy dad, and your not going to keep me away from him." Katherine said.

"That is enough Katherine! I don't want you around Joshua either!" Anthony said "Well, that's to bad." Katherine replied and left. 

"Hey, Kat." Josh said as he stopped Kat in the hallway after her little rage. "Hey, Josh. Did you find out anything more about your mom being here?" she asked "Yeah, apparently she rented out a room for her and my dad." he said in a disapproving tone.

"Joshy!" a voice said behind Joshua and Katherine. "Dang it!" Josh said and then mouthed mom to Kat. Josh turned around. "Hey, mom." is all he said "Katherine, I know I'm not going to keep you and Josh apart, so I was wondering if you wanted to come have dinner with me, Mr. Montgomery, and Joshy on Sunday." Mrs. Montgomery asked and Katherine looked at Josh who had a shocked look on his face. "Sure." Kat replied and she looked at Josh who had a worried look on his face. "Wonderful. Come on Joshy, your dad and I need to talk to you." Mrs. Montgomery said "Mom I have to-" Josh said trying to get out of the conversation "Joshua Daniel Montgomery!" Mrs. Montgomery said in a harsh tone "Mom." Josh wined. "Fine." he said. 

"Mom, what was that." Josh said as he came into his parents room not speaking at all the way their. "What was what? I just invited your little girlfriend over." Mrs. Montgomery answered. "Katherine, is not my girlfriend." Josh said "Wait, you what? Alyssa?" Is what a voice said "Relax, Robert she's just coming over to have dinner." she said as Robert kissed her forehead. "Joshua, I didn't know you were coming." Robert said looking down at his son.  "Nice to see you to dad. I didn't know I was coming over either. Mom said you and her have to talk to me." Josh replied. His father never really said hi or hello to him.

"Oh, right. Alyssa do you want to ask him, or should I?" he turned to look at his wife. "I'll do it. Joshy," she started to say as she came down to  his level like a mom talking to a little kid which he hated. "we think it's the best idea, to pull you out of school for a little to let you heal from yesterday." "Mom, really this again? I'm fine I told you." Josh said as his mom came up. "Joshy-" she started to say. "I'm fine." he said and left to his room.

Katherine got back to her room. She knew she was forgetting about something but she wasn't sure what it was. As she went on her phone she saw what day it was. February 18. Then she realized. It was two days away. Her mom's birthday. That's probably why her dad and Tyson were upset, and she brought it up at dinner. How could she have forgotten?