The "meeting"

1991's summer, June 29th. Louisiana, United States. Like my name.

I was about to turn 18 in four days. It was coming (my bday) and my father Joe, my brother Stand and me were waiting for it to come, not only because of the date, but for my mother's arrive. She, Kelly, has been on a business trip in London for 2 months, and she was coming back home!

My grandmother, from my mother's side, Dora, lost her husband, Martin when I was 10 years old. She has been fighting not only for her, but for us too. 

He tought my brother and I a lot of things and we had spent many time together. We had a special connection. He was like my angel, I adore him. My mother and him were like one person. Dora and Martin used to take care of each other, not worrying about themselves. He was my granny's first love, so they used to love each other as the first time they met. We were a really connected family.

I was spending my first freedom's days with my grandma because, although I love to spend my free time with her, I also love to go to her house, were it is located in a village called 'Paperlue'. It's magic. Paperblue's got many greenplaces, where if you go a little bit further, it has a big vast of waterfalls. I have spent almost every single summer there.

Well, we were cooking while we noticed that we were short of milk (we were making a cake).

-Oh! We don't have enough milk! Don't worry Loui, I will go to buy it. -She said to me.

-Granny, don't worry, I will go for it. -I smiled. -If you want, we can dinner meat with rice. I know how to make that special sauce that mom's never want to tell anyone the recipe! -I told her. She started laughing and agreed. I took a jacket, not because summer has recently started that it is hot. And it was 7:30 p.m.

I had to take the bus to go to the big supermarket, considering that it's the only one mostly complete in the village. I didn't care, in fact, I wanted to be a little alone.

I payed my ticket and sitted down on a seat, far away from the entrance's door. I was between two guys: the one on the right seemed to be on his own world listening to music while the one on the left was sleeping. I stared at the one on the right, who started doing like he was playing the drums. It reminded me how much I needed Guns n' Roses's music. I was really into their music actually, well, into them. But I was mostly in love with Axl. I knew he was a jerk, but he had something that attracted me in such a way. I didn't know if it was his way of looking, his voice or his way of not caring about anything, but absolutely anything.

It was like it was a work from destiny. When I realized who was sitting next to me on the bus, I just couldn't believe it. Axl Rose, yes, the man who I was talking about, was sitting next to me. However, it seemed that anyone on the bus noticed who he was, except for me!

I was so nervous that I started thinking as quickly as I could something to tell him. In fact, I have always memorized what to say if, by chance, I had the possibility to talk to him. Like 'I loved your voice, your songs and you for the first time I heard you!', or 'You help me not to fall when bad moments came around'. But any of these sentences came to my mind in that moment.

Suddenly, his phone started ringing.

- What? -He answered.

Axl listened to what the other person on the phone was telling him and ended the call.

'Why so arrogant?', I thought.

At that moment, when I furrowed my brow, he looked at me.

'Do you are fan of Guns n Roses?', he asked me, with his slow deep voice.

I realized I hadn't answered, so I told him:

'Of course, since I the first time I heard you'.

He smiled, stared at me for 5 seconds, then took out something from his pocket and gave it to me.

'A pass', I thought.

And I was actually right. It had the band's logo printed on it.

'There's going to be a party, and we will play live', he said. Looking at the pass, and then at me.

I smiled. He standed up and started walking towards the door when he turned around and told me:

'Don't forget, you will be my special guest'.

I nodded, confused but excited. I watched him while he got off the bus.