Don't Let Go

Chap 1: 

Jack's POV:

"Happy Holidays, You Bastard" blasted through my stereo, signifying it was time to get up. For the first day of school.

Shit.

I pulled on a Blink-182 t-shirt and brushed my floppy hair, pulled on a pair of skinnny jeans and hopped on the bus and headed off for the day.

On the bus, I searched for my absolute best friend from the history of ever, Alexander William Gaskarth. We made a huge big dramatic point of slow-motion running into a hug. I held him up like they do in the Notebook.

"I missed you so much!" I recited

"Dude, we hung out yesterday" he cockily replied.

I dramatically threw myself in our seat

"Thanks for ruining it" I mumbled

We both cracked up after a prolonged silence.

At the next stop our 2nd bestest friend ever got on the bus. Vic sat down next to whoever the hell was in front of us. Me, Vic and Alex all (purposely) gossiped like girls about our last 16 hours that were spent away from each other. 

*******

About 15 minutes later, we arrived at school. We met Hayley, Taylor, Kellin, and Jaime there at the gates of hell- sorry I mean school, and talked for a while until the bell told us it was time to go to first period.  

******* 

Turns out I have first period Civics with Vic and Taylor. Mr. Sisillimy called roll "Jack Barakat................Taylor Jardine.................. Vic Fuentes" is all I really heard.

He told us about what we were supposed to learn this year. I mostly dozed off until I saw Vic staring at his dick and smiling for like a whole minute. It took me about that long to realize he had his iPod playing music.

I tapped him on the shoulder and he gave me an earbud. It was Panic!. The song was "I constantly thank god for Esteban"  

******** 

10 minutes later Mr. Sisillimy tapped us both on the shoulder

"I see we have our class trouble makers" he said as he ripped out our earbuds.

Taylor was trying her hardest not to break out in laughter but she totally failed and burst out with giggles in her high pitched voice.

"What's so funny Ms. Jardine?" He demanded

"Nothing sir" she said, still giggling

"Detention for all 3 of you" he nearly yelled. Well, that shut Taylor up. We were all quiet the rest of the period.

************

Lunch came and all 7 of us sat down ate, talked about music and our classes and all that shit. It came to an end soon but not without Tony, Alex and I making the most perverted jokes that got our whole table laughing.

************ 

As Vic, Taylor, Vic and I were walking into detention we ran into Hayley and Alex walking in our direction towards detention.

When we got to the door, I asked Alex and Hayley in a ghetto voice

"What y'all in for?"

"PDA" they said simentaneaously.

Oh whoops. I totally forgot that Alex and Hayley had started going out this summer. I can't believe I was able to forget, since they've been having makeout sessions at just about every possible time.

"What y'all in for?" Alex said in a likewise voice

"Listening to music in class, then Taylor had a laughing fit" I responded.

********** 

When we got out of detention we literally got jumped by Kellin and Jaime. We all walked home talking about whatever.

A/N: This is now gonna be in Alex's pov from the point where he and Hayley were caught making out, just in case you might get confused

Alex's POV:

As Hayleys lips crashed into mine, I wanted nothing more than to become closer to her so I hastily pushed my body into hers, lips still interlocked. My feelings got the best of me as I was overwhelmed and grabbed the back of her head.

It may have gone farther-much farther- if our principal, Mrs. Perlest, hadn't walked by my locker and broken us up with a green slip of paper that said DETENTION in huge black letters.

"Ugh, already on the first day of school" Hayley whined 

***** 

We were skipping on our way to detention when we found Jack, Vic, and Taylor headed in the same direction

Turned out Jack and Vic were listening to music and Taylor apparently (?) had a laughing fit. 

*******

We were walking home and Kellin and Jaime had added themselves to the group (rather forcefully) and we were all just talking where our streets split until it was just me and Jack.

We were laughing about a stupid dick joke until Jack said

"Okay, time to be serious" and I instantly shut up because that is one of the few times Jack has EVER said that.

He got down on one knee

"Will you... Marry me?"

It was silence untill he lost his balance and fell to his side.

That's when we both cracked up.

********

We split up and walked down our separate streets to get home untill I got a text from Hayley.

*******  

Hayley and I texted late into the night and finally went to bed with two 'I love you's coming from the each of us, then I dozed off, completely ignoring all the homework that was due tomorrow.

*******

A/N: yay, it's done! This chapter was written by philion, and I, digital dinosaur, will write the next chapter. Thanks and enjoy!