Day 1

Clara’s P.O.V.

                Today Lifetime is filming the theme song for “Dance Moms Generation 2” and telling us everything we need to know before filming starts tomorrow. I’m wearing a two piece, dark blue costume. The skirt has a slit in the side, and the top has a silver star, with a ribbon connecting it to my skirt. Sound familiar? Yes, it’s Chloe’s “Dream on a Star” costume, a solo I will soon perform on the show.

                “Clara! Let’s go!” One of the producers called me over to film my part in the song.

                “Okay, I want a center leap with your regular preparation, okay?” Abby told me, I nodded and smiled. I loved doing center leaps and they were one of my favorite moves.

                “Perfect!” the cameraman exclaimed after the tenth time filming the jump. “Can we have her do some spinney thing, or whatever?” I heard the cameraman ask, obviously not good with dance terminology, that’s going to change.

                “Clara, whatever turn you would like” abby tells me and I smile wide. “Rolling.” I start with a few simple fortes, and turn it into a few perfect turned out pirouettes before taking the turn to the floor.

“That’s a wrap!” the producer called. We were all standing at the barre, I was exhausted. We had to be at the studio at 6am this morning, it’s now 2 and we still have a long day ahead of us. “Go have lunch and be back here at ,” someone called.

I sighed and ran over to my mom. “Go get changed,” she told me, “then we can go get lunch wherever you want.” I smiled and ran over to the newly installed locker rooms, a gift to the studio when Dance Moms ended, to get changed. I pulled on white shorts and a baby blue crop top that said “Dance Like No One’s Watching” with white flip flops.

Running into the den I heard my mom call “Ready?” I nodded before running out to the car, quickly hopping in and buckling in. “Let’s go to Cinder Café,” I told mom with a smile on my face.

After lunch we rushed back to the studio to go over the basic information of the show. 

"Hurry up, you're late." Abby called as I rushed past her and into Studio A where a table and chairs were set up for the meeting. 

"Good! Let's get started!" the producer called. 

During the meeting, we went over everything we would need to know for the show. We talked about how we would learn new dances every week, but not every dance would be aired on television. How we are not allowed to tell viewers our dances and places ahead of time, so viewers would still want to watch. What dancewear we could wear, when we would rehearse and film, and what the show provided us with. But the last thing they told us, suprised me most of all.