Misinterpretations

I woke up the next morning, a little woozy but other that that fine. I sat up in the rock hard hotel bed and looked around. No sign of Dean; Or Lucifer on that page. I smiled. It was finally over. No more nightmares or visions. No more Satan. I laid back down in the bed just to get back up not even two minutes later. Was that the shower running? I walked over to the bathroom door and it swung open. I was face to face with Dean.

"Dean!" I exclaimed as I hugged him.

"Alright Alright get off me." He groggily replied.

"You all right Dean?" I asked concerned.

"Yeah yeah I'm alright. Just back up now. I wanna get out."

Something wasn't right.

"Dean are you drunk?" I asked.

"No." He burped. "Yes."

"Okay let's get you some water."

"NO. I don't need you to take care of me Samuel."

"Samuel? What got on your bad side? You've never called me that once."

"Yeah well now I am." He replied harshly.

"Ok then.?" I said puzzled.

There was a pause as I walked back to my bed and sat down.

"Sam, do you ever think you're the reason I drink too much?"

I was stunned. He would never say that.

"Are you sure you're okay Dean?" I asked cautiously

"No Sam I'm not okay. You always have to know what I'm doing, where I'm going, how safe I am. You never leave me alone!" He paused. "If it wasn't for you, mom and dad would still be here. Dad wouldn't have been an empty shell. I wouldn't be in the hunting business and Bobby and Jo and everyone else we knew and loved would still be alive! It's all your fault. Why don't you just run away, Freak."

And with that he turned and walked away, leaving me in the middle of the room with tears streaming down my face.

Each word he said hurt, but what hurt the most was that he was right. I'm nothing more than a freak that tears apart everything anywhere it goes. That's all I am and all I'll ever be.

Freak.

***********
Ouch. Salty.