You Have A Traitor In Your Mist

Hey everyone, here is the next chapter. Don't forget to vote and review.

I do not own anything except my OC Katie.

After we heard what Mr. Beaver said, we ran back to Aslan's Camp. Even though we were far away, we could hear, "Jadis, Queen of Narnia!"

I could even hear the Narnians screaming, "go away, we don't want your, or you're not the Queen of Narnia."

We ran up to the front to get a better view to see what was going on. My eyes widen when I finally saw the White Witch. She had really long blonde hair that was being held tightly up with her icicle crown. Her long white dress flowed with the wind. She was being carried on her throne by Cyclops. She may look pretty but you can tell that she was very coldhearted and mean.

When the Cyclops lowered her throne, she got up and started walking towards Aslan's tent. She looked to the side and her eyes locked on to Edmund. He was shaking in fear under her cold gaze. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it letting him know it was ok. Then my heart stopped when her eyes locked onto me. Her eyes widen when she saw my locket. In an instant, I grabbed my locket like I was protecting it from her.

She smirked at before saying to me, "I finally found you Protector."

I was shivering in fear. I felt all of the warmth in my body disappear when I heard what she said. I felt Edmund squeezing my hand and someone's arm around my waist. I looked up to see Peter was holding me. I felt relaxed and happy that they both care for me. The White Witch looked away from me and looked right at Aslan.

"You have a traitor in your midst, Aslan," she said.

We all turned to Edmund who looked down at his shoes in shame.

" His offence was not against you," Aslan said calmly.

The White Witch snickered and said, "have you forgotten the Deep Magic?"

Aslan growled at her and said in a low voice, "do not cite the Deep Magic to me, Witch. I was there when it was written."

"Then you will know that the boy belongs to me. That boy will die on the Stone Table," she said.

"NO," I screamed.

Everyone was looking at me now. Aslan face was trying to tell me not to interfere. I could tell he was worried not only for Edmund's safety but also mine. The White Witch laughed at me.

"Don't think you can protect him girl. When he dies, I'll come back for you and finish what I tried to do with your Father," said the White Witch.

I narrowed my eyes at her. No one threatens me or mocks my family, especially my Dad. I realized Peter's arm left my waist and he took his sword out of his holder while standing in front of me and Edmund.

" Come and take them," he said.

Now I was scared. I knew Peter was trying to be brave, but this is the White Witch who could turn him into stone. One of the Cyclops was about to attack if anything happened to his Queen.

"You think that a simple threat will deny me my right, little king," she said.

I let go of Edmund's hand because I knew I had to stop Peter. I grabbed Peter's shoulder and whispered, "Peter just drop it. It's not worth it."

Peter looked back at me with his eye a little shock and concern. Lucy ran up and grabbed Peter's hand to pull him back in line. Peter grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"Aslan knows that if I do not have blood as the law demands, all of Narnia will be overturned, and perish, in fire and water," said the witch. She pointed right at Edmund and me and called out, "Those two will die at the Stone Table... as in tradition." You can hear a pin drop at what she had said. The witch looked at Aslan and asked, "You dare not refuse me?"

I looked at Aslan, wondering if he will let Edmund and I die at the hands of the witch. He wouldn't do that... would he?

"Enough, I shall talk with you alone," Aslan said.

He and the witch walked right into his tent. It felt like hours since they went into his tent. Susan was braiding Lucy's hair while Lucy was fidgeting her dress. I was still holding onto Peter's hand for comfort. I looked up to see Edmund was angrily grabbing the grass.

"It's going to be ok Ed," I said.

"No it's not Katie. I am worried about me but also you too," he said. I looked at him all confused. "She wants something from you. Didn't you hear? She'll kill you after she'll kill me."

"That's not going to happen. I'm not going to let her get either one of you," said Peter.

"Peter's right, you and I may have had our differences Katie, but you're like my sister. I will not stand if that witch gets her hands on you," said Susan.

"Thanks, I feel loved," said Edmund sarcastically.

"You know she's talking about to too," said Lucy.

We started to laugh until we heard the flap of the tent. We got up and looked to see the White Witch exiting the tent. As she walked back to her throne, her eyes again locked right at me. I turned to Aslan to see what he would say. His eyes were filled with sorrow. My heart dropped and I held my breath wait to hear the bad news.

"She has denounced her claim on the Son of Adam and the Protector," he announced.

I let out a sigh of relief. The Narnians were cheering from the exciting news. Peter grabbed me and hugged my tightly. I could tell he was worried about me. It would have been perfect if the witch didn't say, "How will I know your promise will be kept?"

I let go of Peter and thought, promise what promise is she talking about? Aslan roared at her and the White Witch fell right into her seat. The Narnians laughed when they saw how scared the Witch was at Aslan. As the Witch and the Cyclops left, I turned back to Aslan and my smile dropped. He looked right into my eyes and the look gave me could make my heart break. I knew something was wrong. As he went back into his tent, I looked down to see Lucy saw this too.

"Something's wrong with him," she whispered.

"I know, but we will figure it out soon," I said to her.

And I'm going to leave it at that. The next chapter will be up tomorrow. Please vote and review. Until then...

Grapejuice101