When I met the Reaper

A/N: 
Hello! This is my very first story I here on Wattpad (Yay!).
I just wanted to warn you that English is not my native language, so I apologize beforehand for any wrong punctuation and misspelled words!
Anyway, this is gonna be a short story based on 2 parts. Hope you will enjoy it!

* * *

I first met the reaper when she came for my hamster.

I was eight at the time and my parents had left me home alone, to go grocery shopping. I was sitting on the living room floor with a paper in front me and a pen in my right hand, when I heard someone singing softly. Without thinking, I tried to find the source of this beautiful siren-like voice. I was lead to my bedroom, where I leaned against the door frame and cautiously looked in. That was when I saw her.

A tall slender woman, dressed in a long black sundress, stood by my white nightstand. She had a beautiful face, from her high cheekbones to her pointy chin. She was noticeably pale, as if she had never been exposed to the sun's rays. Her long straight jet-black hair, was hanging loosely down her back.

As I stood, admiring her beautiful form, she turned her head, fully facing me. She gave me a pleasant smile and nodded for me to come over. I obliged and hastily walked to her side. I looked up at her and asked:

"Who are you?" She looked at me with an interest.

"I go by many names; but you can call me Lady Death." She said in a soothing voice.

What I didn't notice before was that she was in her hands held my hamster, Bagel. I looked from Bagel to her face again, meeting her onyx eyes.

"A-are you going to take Bagel?" I wobbly asked her. She nodded with concern filled in her eyes.

I looked at Bagel's lifeless body, as I nodded understanding.

"Did he feel pain?" Teary-eyed, I once again looked at her.

"He didn't. He slept in peacefully." She then gently laid him down in his cage.

She turned to me and gave me a warm hug, which I returned. As of that, the tears that have been pressing in my eyes finally poured out.

"It's okay; he's at a better place now." She assured me.

"Will I e-ever see h-him again?" I wondered, through my sobbing. She pulled away from the hug and started to walk out of my room. At the frame of the door, where I was earlier admiring her, she stopped and looked back at me.

"You will see him, once it is your turn." She then disappeared.

* * *

So, how did you like it? What did you think of the name 'Bagel'? I've never had a hamster before, so I didn't know what to call him.
How was the grammar? Too sloppy? Or not too bad, maybe?
If you have any suggestions to what I can do better/different in the future, I would be honoured to hear them.