One last Time

Heya! This is the second and last part of this short story. But I might post an alternative ending later. So enjoy!

* * *

This is my second and last time seeing her.

As I patiently wait for Lady Death, I look down towards my lifeless body. I am dressed in a hospital gown, my body covered in cuts and bruises and hoses are hanging from my nostrils. It is clearly seen that I have been involved in a car accident.

One moment I am sitting in my car, the next I am watching my own body being dragged out of my burning car. I had to follow the paramedics as they lifted me into the ambulance and drove me to the hospital.

You could say I am dead, well not dead, dead, but as in never waking up again, dead. My mind and body are still alive, as I am in a comatose that I with certain can say that I am not waking up from.

My husband and daughter entered the room, only moments ago. Eric sat at the one side of the bed, and Claire on the other. They were both crying.

"I guess this is what they call an 'out of body experience'" I joked sourly, turning my head to see her at the door. Arms crossed, she chuckled softly.

"Are you ready to go?" She moved towards me. I looked at my daughter who is holding my hand.

"No, I'm not." I answered her honestly.

"But I know I have to."

She stood beside me looking from Eric, to Claire and then to my torn up body.

"You don't have to. But I bet it is a lot more comfortable to just go with me, than to stay here forever as a lonely spirit. You wouldn't want to watch your own daughter die, or her children die as well, would you?" She asked me, probably already knowing my answer.

"Of course not. No sane human would so." My eyes start to water. I take a deep breath.

"Okay. I am as ready as I can be." I finally muster up to say.

"Then, let's go." She is holding out her hand to me. I hesitate, but take it. A blinding light only we can see, appear before us. She look at me again, and I nod at her with confirmation. And so we walk into the light, hand in hand.