A Phone Call

Ace got out of the building as fast as he could run, jumping and weaving through the endless maze of cubicles trying to get somewhere, anywhere but where he was at. He knew he wasn't safe anywhere. Ace got to the door but on it was a note. This note wasn't a simple note it was one of those fancy ones with a red wax seal. He tore open the mysterious letter, and to his surprise it was actually short. In the middle it just said "Oh silly me You need a Key.." Ace figured the door was locked but he tried it anyway and turns out it was. "Great." He thought, Now I have to find a key." Ace immediately began to tear through the desk at the station when it hit him. "What about the commissioners office?" He headed to what seemed like his office, it had a huge double door with Windows around but they were all closed. Ace hesitated to open the door but he reached for it an opened it. He could hardly keep himself from vomiting at the site of all the blood. The commissioner had his throat sliced and what seemed robe something jammed into severed area. All he could do is stare at the slightly frightening expression on the commissioners face. He looked as if he had been surprise but also terrified, the expression haunted Ace. Walking about the room Ace noticed a letter on the desk, actually it looked like the same on the door. With a shaking hand Ace grabbed it and ripped it open to see what it said.
"Me and him had a little fight, and he ended up falling and got his Adam's apple sliced. WHOPS! Look in his neck what'll it be?" Ace dropped the letter and looked back at the gruesome scene. Being closer then before he noticed the object in the neck of the victim looked sorta like a skeleton key. Ace sighed deeply and walked around and payed the key lodged under the bottom half of the sliced neck. Upon achieving the key a card was with it and it read "oh lookie a key.." Ace felt disgusted, "Does this guy always have to rhyme?" Ace thought heading back to the main door. Ace tired to insert the key into the door but his hand was shaking "please, please, please" repeated in his head before Ace could finally get in on and turn it opening the door to the fresh air of the outside world. Breaking into a spring Ace waisted no time running, he didn't have a plan where to go but he didn't care. What seemed like a million thoughts were suddenly place in his head. Ace couldn't make any sense of them, thoughts like where can I go and what is happening to me. These thoughts haunted Ace and he decided to go to Kole's house. Before pulling his phone out Ace had to stop to think where he was. Looking around breathing hard from all the running he figured he was around Main Street, Ace tried to dial Kole's number but a restricted caller popped up. At first Ace just stood there staring at his phone. Obviously it was BlackJack. The haunting thoughts of "How did he know I got out?" And "Is this psychopath watching me?" Ace struggled to bring himself up to answer the phone, slowly and shakily he answered it and brought it to his ear. "Hello Mr. Winters." Ace was instantly paralyzed by the calm sharp voice over the phone. It has sounded sort of muffled as if the one speaking was behind a mask. "The Game has been set, but don't fret. It's easy I swear! All you do is have to follow the directions or you fill find despair. Hmm but who shall first taste my blade? How about your Aunt and Uncle, Mr Tammy and Wade." The call ended and Ace was sweating hard and panicking. He didn't know what to do, his Aunt and Uncle are going to die if he doesn't help them. To make thinks worse he had no vehicle and his Aunt and Uncle live just out of town. Ace resorted to calling Kole again only to realize it's 3AM and he is more then likely to not be awake. He started to walk again when fear stuck him again. Ace saw his green truck sitting in a empty parking lot on the edge of town. "How? I didn't even drive it here?" Ace thought. He gulped and headed towards his truck. Realizing how empty the town was made him shiver. After reaching then truck and opening the door another letter was found. This one was open and just lying on his seat. "Don't worry, you're in such a big hurry. "Perhaps there will be a time where we can Hang and rhyme no doubt, but looking for the Aunt and Uncle better watch out." Ace discarded the letter and drove away, upon reaching the house he found it completely dark and he could have swore he heard a feint laugh.