12 December 2012

IN FLORIDA

At my BFF, Irene's house

" I made it through the wilderness

Somehow I made it through

I didn't know how lost I was

until I found you 

I was beat, incomplete

I'd been held, I was sad and blue

But you made me feel 

Yeah, you made me feel

Skinny and new

Like a virgin

Touched for the very first time

Like a virgin

When your-"

" Could you stop singing Irene?! I've a MASSIVE headache!" I shrieked. Irene is my best friend, she is a huge Glee fan like me. She was singing the Glee version of Like A Virgin. She has a nice voice and I don't mind her singing. But not today. I have a headache! "Sorry, sorry!" Irene apologized. "Why don't you sing?" she asked. Sigh. I thought I told her I have a MASSIVE headache?! "Irene, I have A MASSIVE HEADACHE!!!" I screamed. Ouch. Now my head aches more. Irene looked hurt. Uh oh. "I'm sorry, Irene. I didn't mean to shout." She did not reply. Sigh. Again. Hmm... she always wanted me to sing. I usually do not because my voice is not really nice. "You know what, Irene?" I said. "What?" she replied. " I'll sing any song, you pick, as an apology." I told her. She started to smile. "That's great!!! Sing 'Taking Chances'. The Glee version." Irene said. Crap. Taking Chances has lots of high notes! How am I going to sing that with my not-nice-nor-high voice? Guess I still have to. I shut her bedroom door so no one else in the house could hear me sing. Except Irene, of course. Ready. 1. 2 . 3.

"Don't know much about your life

Don't know much about your world

But don't want to be alone tonight on this planet they call Earth

You don't know-"

I sang. Irene interrupted me. "OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! You, you sound EXACTLY like Lea Michele! I'm not lying. It's like she's singing!" She's got to be kidding me. There's no way I sound EXACTLY like Lea Michele! "Try singing Jessie's Girl! I wonder if you will sound like Cory Monteith." Irene said. What?! Fine. Whatever. "Can i just sing the chorus?" I grumbled. "Ya, ya." Irene replied.

"You know, I wish that I had Jessie's Girl 

Where can I find a woman like that

Like Jessie's Girl."

I sang. Okay... why is Irene staring at me like that? She looks shocked and erm... SHE'S FREAKING ME OUT!!! "Hello? Irene?" I asked. Silence. 2 minutes... 3... 4... 5... Okay, that's it. *SLAP* Oops, I slapped Irene. Hope that doesn't hurt! "Ouch! Why did you do that for?!" Irene winced. "Sorry, you were staring at me like... this." I told her, imitating her expression. "You... you sound just like Cory Monteith. That's so creepy and cool at the same time." Irene said. WTF?! Me?! Sound like Cory Monteith?! A man?! For the next hour, Irene made me sing different artistes' songs and guess what?! I sound exactly like them. Irene tried to make me imitate Obama's voice. I could. Irene was awed. Oh man. Oh man. And uh-oh.