The Dark Circle (Author's Note and Chapter One)

AUTHOR'S NOTE

 Before I start telling you my tale, I would just like to warn you, my beloved reader. If you are looking for a story that is about creatures like faeries, cute elves, adorable creatures and other magical beings, then this is the wrong story. You should put this story away and search for another.

          But, if you are one of the people who are seeking for a story that is none like others. A person who is intrigued by a dark tale about dark, ferocious beings that you did not know existed-until now. And lastly, a person who does not believe that every story has a “Happily Ever After” written at the end.  Then continue reading. I am sure you will enjoy this as much as I did.

          CHAPTER ONE

                   The  Tale of The Two Brothers

          The story starts in a lovely neighborhood in London about 200 years ago. On top of a hill where a perfectly crafted house with a porch and green grass all around it sits. It houses a family of four. A hardworking father, who works as a humble businessman of a small company, a kind, loving mother, who stays at home, and three beautiful children, the older one, a girl of 14 , a boy who is 8 years old and the youngest was a girl aged 4.

          I know what you are thinking. ”Wait. You said that this is not a happy story and everything.” Need not to worry, dear readers. Because, the family I am describing is just the neighbor of the real characters of this tale. Now, I shall continue.

          The house where the heroes of this story lives in is located beside the house I have mentioned awhile ago. The house was built with unevenly cut mahogany wood with windows that had no glass on them. It has grass around it, though. Only, they all withered. Inside the house were a few things- a squeaky, rusty bed, an uneven table, wooden cabinets, a pantry and two lads sitting on a ratted couch.

          They were brothers, but are completely different in appearance. The older one, named Franco had dark, blond hair, was about 15 years old and is strongly built. The other, named Julian had chestnut-colored hair, about 12 years of age and had a normal body type. Even their traits were different from each other. John was boastful, arrogant and selfish, while Julian was down-to-earth, kind, and had a heart of gold.  The only thing both of them shared was their teal-colored eye . They have hidden the color of their eyes hundreds of years ago with an invention of theirs they have called the “contact lenses” for they fear that their strangely colored eyes will set them apart from normal human beings.

          Not that they were REALLY human beings.