chapter 3

Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

We should all fast tomorrow because it's sunnah, the prophet used to fast on Mondays and thursdays. He would do this because the deeds of mankind are presented to Allah (swt) on Mondays and Thursdays, and the prophet liked that his actions were presented to Allah (swt) while he fasted. Benefits of fasting-"Every servant of Allah who observes fast for a day in the way of Allah, Allah would remove, because of this day, his face farther from the Fire (of Hell) to the extent of seventy years' distance." [Muslim]- "Fasting is a shield with which one may protect oneself from the Fire." [Sahih al-Jami, 4/114]- Prevents us from saying/doing anything haraam.- Reminds us that Allah (swt) sees what we're doing. - Don't forget there's also the VIP gate to get into Jannah (only for the people who fast)!So come on lets fast tomorrow and get closer to Allah (swt)! Imagine the amount of ajar we'll get and imagine how pleased our Rubb will be with us, don't you want to please Ar-Rahman? We can do this, lets make it a habit to fast on Mondays and Thursdays.

***************
can i do fasting on Thursday with intention (niyaat) of repentant to Allah for all i've done?.

Offcourse you can. It will help you gain a lot of good deeds which could help your scale on the day of judgment higher.however, you cannot just fast only Thursday every week. You should rather fast Monday and thursday, everyotherday, or 3 times a monthe. This was the fast a person can do. But, just fasting on Thursday iis a innovation, never has the prophet legislated that we can fast on Thursday only for a miss fast and some other reason. I will explain to you how it will benefit you.

Mashallah keep this habit.The virtues of fasting are great indeed, and one of the things reported in the saheeh ahaadeeth is that Allaah has chosen fasting for Himself, and He will reward it and multiply the reward without measure, as He says [in the hadeeth qudsi]: "Except for fasting which is only for My sake, and I will reward him for it." Fasting has no equal, and the du'aa' of the fasting person will not be refused.

The fasting person has two moments of joy: one when he breaks his fast and one when he meets his Lord and rejoices over his fasting.

Fasting will intercede for a person on the Day of Judgement, and will say, "O Lord, I prevented him from his food and physical desires during the day, so let me intercede for him." The smell that comes from the mouth of a fasting person is better with Allaah than the scent of musk.

Fasting is a protection and a strong fortress that keeps a person safe from the Fire.

Whoever fasts one day for the sake of Allaah, Allaah will remove his face seventy years' distance from the Fire Whoever fasts one day seeking the pleasure of Allaah, if that is the last day of his life, he will enter Paradise.

In Paradise there is a gate called al-Rayyaan, through those who fast will enter, and no one will enter it except them; when they have entered it will be locked, and no-one else will enter through it."

trains the will to avoid desires and keep away from sin; it helps a person to overcome his own nature and to wean himself away from his habits. It also trains a person to get used to being organized and punctual, which will solve the problem that many people have of being disorganized, if only they realized.so what ever habits you have that you want to change inshallah through the will of Allah you can change it while you are fasting.Your dua will not be rejected while you are fasting so ask for forgiveness,.

_________________

" Every (good) deed of the son of Adam would be multiplied, a good deed receiving a tenfold to seven hundredfold reward. Allah, the Exalted and Majestic, has said: With the exception of fasting, for it is done for Me and I will give a reward for it, for one abandons his passion and food for My sake. "

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him that he said: the Messenger of Allah said: "The deeds (of mankind) are presented (to Allah) every Monday and Thursday, and I like that my deed be presented (to Allah) while I am fasting." [At-Tirmidhi and Classifies it as Hasan (Good)]