The Pregnacy

"It's a girl!" said the doctor with great enthusiasm.

My mom continued to hug my dad, wrapping her arms around his waist tightly as tears began to fall from his eyes.

"I'm going to have a little daughter..." said my dad as he hugged my mom, almost cradling her head.

Day by day, week by week, and soon months later, it was around the end of July.

"Ughhh!!" My mom groaned as she felt like she was going to give birth.

"What's wrong honey?"

"I think I'm going into labor!" My dad rushed to get my mom to the hospital (but little did they know, I was going to be born next month).

*1 week later*

"Ms. Gibbons," said the doctor slowly. "We have to give you a C-section since you can have a baby the natural way."

My mom put on a worrying face because she's heard much about people who have died from C-sections. Terrible stores that either the mother or the daughter dies. But she was confident. She was confident in herself and in me, that we would both make it through and live together. She agreed to the C-Section and was sent off to the room.

*couple hours later*

The doctor slowly handed me to my mom, crying and finally seeing my eyes look into this new world.

"Ms. Gibbons?" A voice called for my mom.

She handed me off to my dad, who was sitting in a comfy chair, rocking me in his arms.

"Yes?"

"We have some good news and bad news."

A shiver ran down her back like a lightning bolt.

"What's the good news?" Asked my Mother.

"Well, Kayla was the only baby girl born in this hospital this morning! So, we decided to give you this award."

He shows my mom the award. Written says,

"Born in Warminster Hospital August 7th, 1999 at 8:09 am. Only girl baby born in the hospital."

Left in the space was a place for my mom and dad name, and the signature of a marine officer.

"Really!?" Thank you so much!" My mom says at the top of her lungs.

"But. What's the bad news?.."

"She has jaundice. Jaundice is the yellowing of the child's eyes but can be fixed by keeping eye patches on the baby while she's in the incubator. It's not life-threatening, so don't worry Ms.Gibbons."

My mom sighed in relief and stayed in the hospital with me until I was let go.

My mom had bright ambitions for me. Good friends, happy family and friends, and never bullied or judged by anyone. But, I later found out that it would just come crumbling down.