I don't Believe You

Amber’s POV

Waking up is always the hardest thing of the day the second is surviving school and I hate every single second of it. My name is Amber Pearson, Im Sixteen, Im in year eleven, I have long brown hair and emerald eyes and then everything else is ugly. My parents died in a car crash along with my three brothers when I was thirteen, I was the only survivor. Some days I wonder why I survived the car crash, and think why didn’t I die as well? I now live with my aunt, I’ve never liked her that much, she admitted that she didn’t like me either, then she always says that I look like my mum.

 I get out of my bed and go into the bathroom, trying best not to look in the mirror because I hate my complexion, why do I always look so ugly? I sigh and get my makeup kit out of the cupboard, and start putting the makeup on to look better. After I finished with my makeup I do my hair and then go and look for cloths, I walk past my mirror on the wall, I’ve written everything that people say about me, I take a brief moment to look at the harsh words: Ugly, Stupid, Weak, Fat, Tool, Loser and disgusting, I’ve written them all in red marker, I hate the things they say.

I find some shorts and t-shirt, I look at the size, im a size 4 wow I am so fat, I shake the thought off and drive to school, I never like school because im bullied, coming home with bruises and blood on my face and everywhere else, some people think im anorexic but that can’t be true, right? But when everything was wrong, it just got a whole lot worse.

The kids who bully me somehow found me and the fear grew, I was scarred wanting to run but I was frozen to the spot, like ice just suddenly grew onto my feet, they throw hateful words at me as they approach me, hit me and punch me, I finally give in and fall to the ground. I’ll never be pretty, never be important to anyone so sometimes I just let it be, but when I want to stand up to them, Im just too weak so I just lay on the floor waiting for it to stop.

I get home and go upstairs to clean myself up, I look into the mirror and see some very shocking things, I have blood all over my face and I also have bruises all over my face, my makeup is all over my face, I wash it all off but being careful about the wounds on my face. When I think about it I don’t know why I don’t stand up to them, I don’t even know why they pick on me either, I that I should stand up for myself but I haven’t been able to be strong since the car crash, I mean how long can you be strong after your family dies and you’re the only one left standing? I know that I shouldn’t look like this; my family would be shocked if they saw me like I am today, I look to the right side of the mirror where a picture stands, of us all as a family, just a week before they died, another two pictures stand right next to the first one, they both have inspirational quotes on them that I never believe in the first one is from my oldest brother saying: stand for what you believe in even know if means standing alone. I’ve always loved that and the second one says; Remind yourself that it’s okay not to be perfect, its society that’s ugly .I look at myself in the mirror, that quote says the truth society is the ugly ones, I always knew that was true, I just didn’t believe that I was beautiful.