Enjoy

[Author's note: I don't know if this needs a trigger warning or not, so I'll just tell you that it has people not eating, sleeping, or doing anything. So, yeah. Feel free to correct the lyrics in the comments, bearing in mind I'm not using any repeated lyrics, so the chorus is only used the first time. Also, this is depressing, but it gets better at the end, I promise!]

I was thinking about you

Thinking about me

Thinking about us

What we gonna be?

Marshall had Gumball pinned to the wall, and was kissing him passionately, both of them repeating each other's names with lust-filled voices.

Open my eyes

It was only just a dream

Marshall's eyes snapped open. He sighed in longing and frustration. He had dreamed about Gumball every night since they broke up. It wasn't just kissing Gumball that he missed, it was how the prince would blush whenever Marshall caught him staring or touched him, and how Gumball's sweet voice formed Marshall's name perfectly, especially when he used the nickname "Marshmallow".

I travel back down that road

Gumball walked through the Candy Kingdom towards his castle hand-in-hand with Marshall, his naturally pink face turning slightly red at the contact.

Will you come back? No-one knows

"It's over, Gumball!" Marshall had screamed at him the day they broke up.

"Fine! I can't believe I ever fell for a vampire FREAK!" and, with that, Gumball left Marshall's house in a steaming rage, but as soon as he had slammed the door, both men immediately regretted their harsh words to one another, but couldn't bring themselves to even see each other again, let alone apologise, no matter how much they wanted to be together again.

I realise

It was only just a dream

Gumball's eyes fluttered open, flinching as the bright light of the morning flooded into his bedroom. 'Dreaming about Marshall again...' he thought, 'Why can't I get him out of my head?!' Gumball sighed as he saw what had been in front of his face the whole time; 'because I'm still in love with him.'

I was at the top and now it's like I'm in the basement

Gumball and Marshall had brought colour to each other's lives, but since the breakup, both of them had felt their worlds fade to grey.

Number one spot, now you're finding a replacement

Gumball was interviewing many suitors, and while all of them were decent people that would make great partners, he could find no-one to fill the large hole that leaving Marshall had made in his heart.

I swear now that I can't take it

Knowing somebody's got my baby

Marshall had stayed at home every hour of every day since breaking up with Gumball, but he had the best view of the Candy Kingdom from his window, and could see the suitors pouring into the gates to see the prince. With every person that walked through the gates, Marshall felt a little piece chip off of his undead heart, and a fresh tear fall down his pale cheeks at the thought that one of them could steal Gumball from him.