Thought You Will Always Be Mine ( A Niall Horan Fanfiction)

That's it. 

I have to tell him today. 

I can't do that to him. 

Another flood of tears flowed from my eyes. Swiftly I wiped them away as my phone rang. I picked it up only to see this message "Darlin' Princess, Don't forget our date. Wear a dress :) Loving You Always x".

I cannot help but start crying again. I have to do that. It is for the best, for both of us, but seeing him so happy now is just...

-2 hours later-

"Hello Princess ," Niall smiles as he sees me, pulling me into a huge hug. [They were supposed to kiss but I laughed too hard writing that part so I deleted it] "Hey Niall..." I started as I pulled away from the hug, trying not to let myself sink into the warmth of his arms. I never got the chance to say what I wanted, and it only made me feel more terrible. 

--

I cannot believe it. Finally, after three years, I am going to propose to Emma. I just hope she gives me her hand. Who am I kidding? Of course she will! She loves me, though I will love her more. 

I lead Emma, who has a blindfold on, to the lakeside, where I prepared a candlelight dinner. And rose petals forming a large heart shape around it.Yes, call me cliche, but I am just too romantic. 

As she steps into the heart, I stop and kiss her on the lips and pulled her blindfold off. She must be surprised, because for a second she did not kiss me back. Her eyes shot open and she took in the scene and stared at me in shock. I beamed brightly, getting on one knee and pulled out a ring. 

And I asked her the question.

Emma smiled so widely I knew she will say yes. But that smile lasted for only a second before she pulled herself away as if a sudden realisation hit her. Her lower lip trembled a little. " What's wrong?" I thought.

"I...I.. I can't"

My heart froze. That got to be a joke right? "What? Emma you're kidding me right?"

She shook her head ever so slightly as silent tears traced her cheeks, refusing to look at me in the eye. 

"We shouldn't be together. You have your life and I have mine. I don't think we are meant to be together." She turned away and ran. 

I ran after her and grabbed her arm. "What do you mean? Three years and you tell me you're saying goodbye? Emma you've got to be joking. Don't do this, please!" I begged her, crying. 

"It's for the best Niall. But I have loved you, and I always will. Farewell Niall." 

I fell on my knees as I watched her leave me, breaking my heart. 

"Thought you will always be mine...I was wrong..."