Chapter 4

I push away from my computer, and let my swivel chair glide across the room. Well, there you have it, my "misfortune", the "hardship" that "prepared me for the future". I stand up from my chair, grab my bear, and get into my car. I drive to the nearest pub; I mean, I might as well get some action in for tonight.

I walk up to the entrance of the bar, see the security guard out front, and act I try to walk right past him as if I don't even notice he's there. I have done this a million times before.

"Hey man, where's your ID." The man tells me, putting his hand up to block me from walking through the door. I play it off cool.

"Hey what's up man?" I ask casually, but the guy won't budge.

"I need to see your ID."

"Oh, uh," I say, closing my eyes. "Like I had it, and then I forgot it, I think I left it in there. Like, in the bathroom." I point inside the pub.

"I'm sorry, man." He says to me, pushing my back. Damnit, this has to work.

"Hey, uh, I know the manager." I tell him confidently. "John, right? Big John? The little one?"

Finally, the man pulls through. It's either because I'm great at manipulating, or because of the fact I was annoying him. I walk into the bar, and spot a couple of girls who look about 21.

"Yo, what's up ladies?" I say to them and put my arms around both of them. "So um, I'm 18, and I just got dumped by my girlfriend."

I puff out my lip playfully and the girls look at each other smiling.

"And I need a drink, so will somebody have a drink with me?"

The next thing I know the bartender is bringing shots to our table, and we all take a sip. I stay there for about an hour, spending most of the time drinking. Around one in the morning, the girls kiss me on the cheek and start to leave.

"Oh wait, I thought we were all hanging out after this," I say, my voice slurred.

I get into my car and start to drive back to my place, completely intoxicated. I stick my head out the window and start shouting, not even sure who I'm talking to.

"Hey, you're beautiful! Yeah baby, I'm the king. I am the mother fucking king!"

Everything went black.