5 # never were before

you won't be around anymore,
i guess, but something still
strikes me to think, that,
you  never were before.

***
Chapter 5- Never were Before

It was the same dark alley. But, this time, there were no drunken and armed men. He just appeared out of nowhere like the other day.

We saw each other and started walking towards each other. My hazel eyes locked with his black ones. As we came face to face, I could clearly spot the jacket. His black jacket, the silver buttons glowing and shimmering in the moonlight, much like his eyes.

"Norah.." he whispered in the same tone he had used before, looking in my eyes with a tender feeling. I shuddered and closed my eyes, feeling breathless, all of a sudden. Something happened and confidence cursed through my veins when I slowly put my arms around his neck. He didn't object. Something in his eyes told me that he never would.

I pulled him closer. I felt him press against me, as his warmth flooded my senses.

He gently held me by my waist, pulling me even closer. I could feel his warm breath on my neck when he completely enclosed me in his arms.

Something about him felt dangerous, yet there could not be any safer place for me. His scent felt mysterious and alluring, yet he somehow never felt foreign to me.

When we completely engulfed each other in what seemed like a passionate embrace, his slightly bent knees, slowly straightened, lifting the heels of my feet. I ended up standing on my toes as the sound of his quiet breaths told me long stories, hidden behind the black spiral of his eyes.

I woke up sweating, panting, my eyes wide with surprise.

***

I hated it. I hated every part of it. I hated it with every single fiber in my body.

As soon as I had stumbled back to my room, after Nate drove me back, I had taken a shower. Metaphorically, to scrub my body of what it had been through. All the bruises, all the pain. Wish I knew that it'd hardly help.

As I laid on my bed, clutching the sheets, my pillows stained due to multiple crying bouts throughout the night, I decided to forget everything that happened that night.

Even if it meant forgetting the deep voice and the fierce eyes that'll keep me awake every night.

With that thought in mind, I drifted into a dreamless sleep. I didn't attend any of my classes the next day. I knew I needed some time to heal. Both physically and mentally.

People say that they 'feel' their dreams. I've never 'felt' any kind of dreams. I've had my share of happy dreams and hefty nightmares. But, I've never felt tingles on my skin, or have woken up in cold sweat.

That night, something strange happened.

I dreamt of the stranger.

I woke up in surprise.

Surprise of not finding myself in the stranger's arm.

Needless to say, I had, for the first time in my life experienced such an intense connection to my dream.