Prologue

1944 Nazi, Germany

The stench of blood filled the soldier's noses as they carefully stepped over the fresh bodies. They had one mission that was a get in-get out situation where one wrong move could change the whole outcome of the war.

The Nazis had been conducting experiments, humans are one of their main subjects. Recently, a scientist that was captured had received brain damage when being transported to the US. He constantly babbled about how they had finally created a human weapon that could destroy the Allies. He blatantly informed them of the location of said lab and specimen before shortly dying before landing.

It was quiet, only the tapping of rubber soles against linoleum. Suddenly, a dark figure rounds the corner. In a flash of light and a single bang, the young scientist falls to the ground. Bloody footprints are left as the soldiers advance.

After half an hour of navigating through the halls, they exited the stairwell. A long tunnel, stinking of flesh and chemicals, awaited them. They knew that at the end was a thick metal door that secured their prize. But, they did not know what it was.

The squeaking of the metal as they turned the vault door, a breeze of hot air hit their skin. It was a room, once blank walls covered in dried blood and scratches. The soldiers were breathless when their unknowing eyes fell upon the figure of what seemed human laying on the concrete floor. It's head turned, causing one of the men to faint.

Swallowing the vomit and screams that clogged their throats, one grabbed a blanket that laid torn on the cold cement, and carefully draped it over the infant creature. "W-what's on it's back?" One of the soldier's shaky voice asks.

"Forget about its back, its face is the problem." Another adds, staring at it with a horrid expression.

"What face?" The first man asks. There was an explosion, cause all the men to jump. "We got to go."

One man held the creature like a child while another picked up their unconscious comrade, and they ran out. Their eyes burn at the mustard gas that the Nazi soldiers that have entered the building let out. Narrowly escaping the German forces that over took the facility, they got on the army buggy that was hiding in the brush.

Two days of driving they finally reached a pick up zone. In those two days, they didn't know what to do with the creature. It didn't eat, make noise, or use the bathroom. It just acted like a rag doll, its blank face lacking any sorts of emotion as it seemed to stare at them.

"I don't like the way it looks at me." One of the doctors on the plane comments, finishing patching up a cut that infected the soldier.

A scientist had approached the pale creature, but it continued to face forward. Usually when someone moved, its head snapped in their direction and followed the movements, but now it only sat still. "If this is what the Nazis had been working on, it's possible that they had found a way to mutate humans, but that means that this thing is or once was human." He wrote down some notes as he continued to circle around it. He wanted to test it's reflexes despite the government telling him he had to wait till he got to America. His wrinkled hand brushed against it's rough pale skin, and it twitched. "Interesting."

"Sir, they gave you specific orders to not test it." The general said, pulling him away. The creature's head moved to the direction where the scientist was.

The man pulled himself out of the general's grip and regained his posture. "It's fine, I'm not going to be going anything major." The general sent him a look of warning before diverting his attention to the creature. The scientist swiftly wrapped his bony fingers around its arm, squeezing it tightly. Before anyone could react, it has clamped its jaws around his arm and took a chunk out. The scientist quickly let go and screamed, watching in horror as blood squirted from his new wound. The general stayed silent, his eyes filled with fear as he watched the creature chew and swallow the hunk of flesh.