Day 427

It has been a year since Layla died. One year. I'm a senior in high school now. Things have changed a lot. Ryder disappeared after that night, and he never spoke to me again. Xander fears me and my threats, which I have not forgotten. Somehow I am popular. I don't know how, or why. Hayden has become a good friend of mine, after the night in the woods. Besides him, I don't really have any true friends. Lea and Elaine are doing well in college. The wedding wasn't too long ago. It was grand and magnificent, but there was something missing. Layla. Lea and Elaine are still happily married, and they've officially moved in with us. My mom and dad are still out, traveling, and doing their thing. Lulu is well. Really well. Layla dying crushed her, but eventually she made it through. She has this posse of friends now, who are almost constantly at the house, running around and playing their games. It certainly lightens the mood in the house. Layla's parents are doing well... Not too long ago, her mother had another child. A little girl, just like Layla. They named her Natalie. And so far, she's healthy. Lea and Elaine have grown close with her parents, and Lulu adores Natalie. Lulu gets to be a 'big sister' for once, instead of being the youngest in the room. I have a college picked out, and I'm getting ready to go. It's nearly time anyways, with it nearly being summer. I'm going a little ways, about four or so hours away, but I'm staying close. I want to be here. For everyone. I still miss Layla. That pain will never go. I still have the bracelet. I will keep this as long as I can. I have to, after what Layla told me about this thing. With a sigh, I sit back on the dirt, done telling my story. I look back at the cold, unfeeling gravestone, and tears rush to my eyes again. I set down the flowers I brought, and stand, brushing the hair out of my eyes. Then I walk away. Looking back once before I leave, I say softly, "I'll never forget you, my dying love." 

Fin

A/N: WOAH! That was fun to write, and I enjoyed it a lot. In fact, I am going to be writing the prequel to Dying Love, called Vis-a-Vis Isaac. Vis-a-Vis Isaac will star Layla, and her older brother, Isaac, who you didn't get to meet here. I'll be working on it in the coming weeks, so look forwards to that.  Uh... I don't have much else to say, I'm not an eloquent writer in this sense, erm....

Welp, either way, I love you guys who have read this, and I hope you read and enjoy Vis-a-Vis Isaac. 

<3

Lila