she

She started wearing glasses when she was in third grade.

"Oh my god, that means you were so little! What did you do back then?" was an extremely common phrase she heard whenever she told someone this.

The answer was that she read a lot. Most of her spare time was used reading. Sometimes in the dark. A lot of the times very close to her face.

She also spent a lot of time in front of the television and drawing on paint on her family's computer.

At sixteen she wore these light glasses with round frames. They were an oak brown colour, thin in size. They were nice on her little face with high cheekbones, and made her big brown eyes stand out.

She was a student who excelled in her classes. But she also had a fairly good social life. She spent most of her time between classes stuck inside a book or reviewing notes in her school's library.

After getting only four hours of sleep the night before, she sat on the sofa in the library revising psychology notes for the test she had the next day. Her poor handwriting strained her eyes, so she took her glasses off, carefully placing them on the sofa next to her.

With her head stuck in her notes trying to memorise the meaning of stigma, she was too busy to notice a tall boy sit next to her.

It made a horrific crack sound.