just to the store and back

~dan's pov~

I stuck my head into Phil's room. 

"I'm going to the store, I'll be back in a minute. Do you need anything?" I asked.

He gave me a quick smile. "No, I'm fine. But hurry back though, remember you have a liveshow today." 

I walked over and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. "I'll be fast. I just need to pick up a few things for a new video."

"Be careful." Phil grabbed on to my hand and gave it a quick squeeze. "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too. If I start running late, go ahead and start the liveshow. Tell them we have news." 

"Are you sure you are ready? We can-"

I cut him off. "I'm positive. They'll be happy for us. I just know it." and with that, I walked out the door. 

*****

After I came out of the store I got another taxi to take me home. It was nearly time for my liveshow to start. I had been gone far longer than expected. 

The driver seemed a bit odd. It was probably nothing.

I pulled out my phone and got on Twitter. 

"Liveshow may be a tad late today guys. Don't be surprised if Phil starts it without me. We have an important announcement to make..."

Right as I posted it, Phil called me. 

"Are you almost home Dan?" he seemed really anxious. I hadn't been gone for that long, had I?

"Yeah, we're nearly there. Is everything okay?"

"Of course. Just a little nervous about telling the fans about us. See you in a bit."

"Okay, love you."

"Love you t-"

Before he could finish, the taxi driver swerved off our side of the road and rammed into a bus. I wasn't wearing my seat belt, and my face collided glass and and my body contorted into an awkward stance. I faintly heard Phil's voice from the phone saying, "Dan? Is everything all right? Dan?", before I blacked out.