because we'll never meet again

~*~*~Dan's POV~*~*~

The grim reality of the situation finally started to settle in. The video I uploaded is going to cause the fans to raise hell. I've been trying to delete it, but now I can't even open my laptop. 

I go into Phil's room and see him laying on his bed staring up at the ceiling.  

"Dan. I know you probably can't hear me, being-" Phil choked back a sob and continued to speak, "-gone and all, but if you can, listen. Take every word to heart because I mean it all."

I walked over and kneeled by his bed. I placed my hand on his even though I knew he couldn't feel it. 

"I miss you. A lot. The fans- they're overjoyed that we're together. They miss you a lot too. Its been really hard on all of us. I'm going to keep making videos, because I know you'd want me too."

"But the thing is, I'm never going to move on. When I met you, I knew. I knew you were the only one I could ever love like that. No one will ever replace you as a lover or a friend. Because to me, you weren't just my boyfriend, or best friend, you were my world. The universe could be collapsing around us, but I'd just keep my eyes on you. And Danny, I don't know if I can make it here without you. But I'm going to try. I love you so, so much. Goodbye, Dan." 

Apparently being dead doesn't prevent you from crying. 

I kissed Phil on his forehead. "I love you too Phil. I'll always be here with you."

Phil shot up out the bed and looked around. "Dan? Was that you? Are you-" he shook his head. 

"I've lost it." he muttered, and lied back down. 

~~~~

For hours I stared right into his eyes, but he stared directly through mine.

This is worse than hell.