Come & See Me

*Spring break has passed, everybody is returning to school*

Bryson POV

"I said fuck that nigga that you think you found..." I hummed, while walking to my closet for jeans to throw on.

It was the first Monday after spring break. I needed that break. A lot had happened previously before, dealing with Andre and visiting my grandma in the hospital.

That night was crazy though. It seems like Dre been acting funny since then.

At one point I thought I'd never get a break but I finally found peace. Things were going good now. Shit was back to normal. Grandma's back at home like nothing ever happened. The doctor's said she had sleep apnea. They gave her medications and stuff like that. I just gotta make sure she takes her meds like she's supposed to.

I readjusted my collared shirt and grabbed my cap.

"I'M JUST SAYING YOU COULD DO BETTER" I sang strongly while walking out my bedroom.

I knocked on Dre's door down the hall

"If you wanna ride you better act like it" I yelled.

I waited for a response but I just shook my head and continued on to grandma's room.

"Ma," I said "You took your meds this morning right?" I added.

She was sitting at her table working on a puzzle.

"Yes honey, now please get to school and make sure Andre gets there too"

I sucked my teeth "Well that nig-".

My grandma shot a look up at me. She doesn't do foul language in the house.

I stopped myself before I got my ass slapped down.

"I mean he taking forever grandma, act like he don't wanna go. So why can't he stay here?" I asked annoyed.

"I don't wanna hear it, that's your brother. He going to school, I don't wanna get another phone call from one of those teachers again" she demanded.

When my grandma raises her voice, that's that. Ain't no more to it.

I turned around aggravated and banged on Dre's door down the hall.

"Come on!" I yelled.

The door swung open and out stormed a aggressive Andre. He walked past me and out the front door.

Whatever the fuck dude problem is, I hope he figure it out. He been real funny the past week.

Too damn old to act like a child, I thought to myself while grabbing my car keys off the living room table.

I closed the front door behind me after letting my grandma know we were gone, and headed towards my car.

The moment I got in, Andre had spoken from the back seat.

"Look Bryson... I gotta tell you- well ask you something" he said frantically.

I put the keys into the ignition, started the car up, and turned halfway to face Andre.

"What lil bra" I said.

"You know my nigga Denzel right?" Dre asked

"Yeah, whats up" I said curiously

"Alright bra. My mans got some girl knocked up. The thing is, she a lil hoe. She for everybody bra. Her shit has been ran through.. Denzel just wants to know how to find out.. if it's his. So how he do that?" Andre said.