prologue

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

© All Rights Reserved 2016

date started: 05.06.16

👀

"Girls! In celebration of the end of our finals week and the start of our Christmas break, let's have a dip in Pridge falls!" Sarah announced loudly infront of our door without even bothering to open it.

My roommate, Maria, sticked her head out of our door while I sprawled on top of my bed debating whether to go with them or not.

"You should definitely go!" I felt Maria's weight on the other side of the bed. I looked up on my ceiling, full of glow in dark sticker while playing with my fingertips. "You haven't been the water for a while. Besides, Pridge falls is a real beauty. Have you ever been there before?"

I sat up and pushed my self against my headboard hugging my knees to my chest. "Nope." Biting my lower lip as my shake my head.

"So what are you waiting for? Pack up!!" She grabbed one of my throw pillows and slammed it across my face. Damn.

"I'm not a target!" I complained before getting my travel buddy bag and shoved my extra clothes inside. Since Sarah told us that this is an all girls night I boosted my confidence with Maria's help to wear a two-piece.

Why should I be ashamed with these girls? They are my closest friends my whole high school years and we're just six so what's the problem?

It's nearly 6 and the sun's setting when we put our bags in the trunk of Sarah's range rover. I took a seat beside the windows so I could capture the beauty of the sunset.

Kath on the shotgun seat turned the radio on and a fall out boy song came up making our vocal cords screech.

After half an hour drive and karaoke sesh, Sarah parked her car in the side of the street. Thea told us that it will take us 25 minutes before we reach the falls.

After 3 songs played on Kath's phone, I'm gasping for air.

"Thea! You told us the word 'walk' not 'trek'. Fml!" I shouted loud enough to let her hear it.

"This is what you call life, Maddie!"

"This will be the end of my life! I have asthma!"

"Goodluck." Oh great, what a close friend you are Thea.

"Did somebody notice that our bags was left in the car's trunk?" Risse quietly asked.

"WHAT?" We turned our complete attention on the shrugging girl.

"You guys were so excited to have a dip in the falls and you forgot your bags in the car."

"We'll go back again?" I asked and they all groaned. I feel the same girls.

"No!" Sarah shouted, "I have a brilliant idea! Why not skinny dip instead."

Skinny dipping? hmmm.

"Maybe there are other people in the falls, Sarah?"