1

Christmas break passed by and here I am again outside the school waiting for my girlies. We're supposed to meet up here every dismissal time so we could be all together when we have our stress eating session in a nearby kwek kwek-an* store.

"Maddie!" Someone shouted from above? I looked to the left side of the building and saw Thea and Sarah. They stretched their hands out and pointed someone behind me causing me to turn around.

"Mads, they can't be with us today. They have their varsity today since the school newspaper will be released next week?" Kath puts her fingers under her chin looking not quite sure about the releasing date.

"yep, I understand. Let's go!!" I linked my arms with Maria and Kath and we head towards the store.

Nothing has changed. After the finals before the Christmas break we went home to spend the rest of the vacation with our families and for me, it was boring. My mom slept early because of her illness and my dad? Oh well, he's on the street drinking and gambling together with his kumpares* and don't ask for siblings, I'm grateful I don't have one.

We're nearing the kwek kwek-an store when we noticed there were quite a few students wearing other school uniform surrounding our territory.

"Er, Kath? Do you know what school they are from?" I nudged Kath.

"Global Redeemers Academy?"

"That's a private school right? What are they doing in a place like this?" After what I've said the boys cheered and howled. "I wonder why, hmmm."

"Mads, gotta blast." She unlinked her arms and ran to the store like a mad man. She suddenly turned to a Jimmy Neutron, how ironic, she's nothing like Jimmy with her brains and all. I shrugged at the thought.

"Are you informed that the boys from that school are all handsome?" With that, I followed Maria and ran like a madwoman too leaving Kath behind.

I pushed Maria and asked what's happening when my peripheral vision caught a glimpse of smoke coming from a steamer.

"Putobumbong!*" I shouted with full of joy.

When I was approaching, Maria grabbed my hand immediately and pulled me closer.

"Can I order one putobumbong and 8 kwek kwek and a tokneneng?" She asked the old lady and hurriedly search for her wallet inside her bag.

"Pst. Do you have another 40 pesos?" She nudged me but my eyes are busy seeing the sight of the banana leaves on the table for the putobumbong reminding me of what happened last time we went skinny dipping making me blush.

I was about to get my wallet when the other boys made loud noises and shouted the name "Carl!" but then I don't know that man so better not to waste my energy on someone not important.

My attention was stolen when my peripheral vision caught a glimpse of Maria poking the side of a boy.

MARIA WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING??

I decided to approach Maria when she turned to me with a smile. "Hey! This guy said it's his treat." I saw the guy paying on Maria's behalf. Using my vamp speed, oh yeah Maddie vamp speed, I stopped the guy's hand holing the hundred pesos.

"We have money, we don't need your help." I smiled feeling smug that I'm sure I have my extra 40 pesos on my wallet since I skipped lunch earlier.

"Don't stop me, I'm doing charity work here, public." He smirked. The nerves of this guy!

"It doesn't mean that if we're public students we cannot afford buying those foods, idiot. Just because you're private students you're looking down on us, well fuck you!" I grabbed the sweet and spicy sauce and squinted some of the sauce on his eyes.

"Ahh! My eyes!!" He moved backwards as he obviously complained about his eyes.

"Duh of course it's your eyes, what are you expecting? Your earlobes?" I was about to hand my 40 pesos to the old lady when he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer.

He intensely looked into my eyes, taunting me.

"Let the poor girl go!" Someone approaching us broke the tension between me and this conceited guy. Plus, I don't know if this guy means I'm poor because of the situation or I'm poor because I'm really poor and I study on a public school?

I looked to the direction where the voice came from and instantly my face went red. I tried to escape the hand of this guy to cover up my embarrassed face and let the ground eat me up.

"Carl." The guy holding my hand said.

"Yeah, Mike. Let her go." As soon as the words left his mouth, Mike let me go and I totally forgot about my putobumbong, Maria, and kwek-kwek and I started running like a madwoman.

I was nearing an street where I could hide however someone grasped my torso from behind. "Shit."

"Stop cursing, vamp." Oh great! Just great! "Instead of running why don't you thank me from letting you go from the arms of Mike?"

"Instead of hugging me, why don't you let me go?"

"Instead of answering back with a question, why don't you just answer mine with a statement?"

"This is stupid." I used my right foot to kick his Hotsilog*. I ran like 10 stray dogs were chasing me and turned back again to raise my middle finger.

"You have no manners, public vamp!" He shouted from a far. So what?

👀

***
*kwek-kwek- quailed egg dipped in a flourish orange mixture and fried in a hot oil. ((kind of street food))
*kumpares- male neighbor friends/ group. Drinking buddies.
*Putobumbong- A special rice cake? Color: purple. Topped with desiccated coconut, margarine and brown sugar. Usually sold during the Christmas season. Wrapped in a banana leaf.
*tokneneng- just like kwek-kwek however boiled egg is being used instead of quailed egg.

A/N: to my dear filos kung may mali sa mga sinabi ko sa taas please comment hahaha hirap magexplain mga bes. mwa.

Sorry if it took me a while before I updated it's because school has started and I'm stressed af. assignments and quizzes and performance tasks allover my sched. pluuuus I didn't receive any votes only one :-(( I feel so sad lol so yeah comment, vote and spread.

oh yeah, if you're wondering why does Sarah have a car? when they're studying in a public school? It's in the next chappie so 👍🏼 love lotsxx

💋