Chapter 1 Another One Bites the Dust

No one had really seen much of Liam or Kathleen the last few days. If one was around, then they both were. If one of them wasn’t, then neither was the other. Brooke and Louis had been hanging out a lot, but they never really labeled themselves as a couple. Niall and Kelsey seem to be going strong again, which is making everyone happier. Harry hangs out with Ed more often than he used to do to the fact that they are the only singles left in the group. Jackson went back to America when he realized he didn’t have a chance with Kelsey anymore.

                Well, I think I gave the wrong impression about Niall and Kelsey. They are going strong again, but they are still just friends. It’s complicated I guess you could say. So I guess not everyone is a couple really. Brooke and Louis aren’t, they just flirt all the time, Harry and Ed aren’t a couple but rather a ‘bromance’, and Niall and Kelsey are in the ‘friend zone’ which isn’t that bad since the last time they were there, they moved further down the zones.

                Liam came in Niall’s house when all of us were there one day. Harry and Ed had decided it was time for a movie night and Niall had volunteered his flat. We were sitting in the living room watching The Sorcerer’s Apprentice when he came in. He didn’t look very happy by his expression and lack of having Kathleen on his arm. “Liam? What’s wrong?” I asked, looking away from the movie.

                “Nothing.” he mumbled and took the empty spot in an arm chair to my left.

                “I’m not falling for that.” I told him quietly so the others wouldn’t hear.

                “What movie we watching?” he asked.

                I sighed and told him what had happened up to the thirty minute mark, which was how long we had been watching it by that point. When Kathleen didn’t come in by the end of the movie, I knew something was going on between them, but I wasn’t going to bring it up in front of everyone else. “What movie now, Zayn? It’s your turn.” Kelsey said taking out the movie she had picked.

                The group had a strict rule of the night. No Harry Potter. “How about National Treasure?” I asked.

                They all nodded since it wasn’t Harry Potter and Kelsey put it in. There was another strict rule. No romantic flirty coupley actions… So to prevent that, all the guys were on one side of the couch and Harry and Kelsey were the border between the genders. She was leaning on him lightly during the movies but no one said anything since they were siblings.

                Liam sat there quietly and watched, though his expression was cold as stone. That wasn’t the Liam I knew and everyone else noticed it as well. “Leeyum! Don’t be all sad!” Brooke pouted at him.

                “I’m not.” he shrugged to her.

                “That’s not true! You look like your Zen has like… totally abandoned you!” Kelsey teased.

                He shook his head and watched the movie quietly. I sighed and shook my own head slightly to shut everyone up. It was probably something that he wasn’t going to bring up in front of Kathleen’s best friends. The movie rolled on and Liam seemed shift uncomfortably when the kissing scene came up at the end. “Well that’s enough of that movie!” I said quickly and took it out before anyone could stop me.

                “Zayn! That’s like the best part!” Rebekka whined at me.

                “Sorry… Liam? How about Toy Story, eh?” I asked.