7

The next few days I hadn't much time to think about her, I was busy with my tour and my new album I wanted to release later this year. Maybe in September..
But whenever I had a break and some time to think about other things I thought about her.

It was killing me to think about her, what had a lot of reasons.

1. I needed to meet her again cause I liked her a lot..
2. I didn't know if I'd ever meet her again
3. I was afraid she might not like me as much as I liked her
4. Her.  I always had to say her.
I didn't even know her name!! So how could I find her?
The chance to met this girl in New York or somewhere wasn't that big and how on earth should I find her when I didn't even know her name?

It was hard for me to concentrate on all the things I had to do and by playing stitches I seriously forgot all the lyrics one time. Luckily it wasn't at a concert and nobody noticed that.

Shawn, you need to concentrate and go on with your life until you know how to meet her/talk to her again, I thought.
This was not easy and this Stitches thing wasn't the only time I 'failed' cause I was thinking about that girl.

So I did what I always do to handle things, to get over things, just to feel better. It was probably my favourite thing in the entire world.
Songwriting.
It's like I write stories and sing them.
And this time it was actually a real story.

I wrote about her.
At first I just had some lines like 'I don't even know your name, all I remember is that smile on your face, I won't stop - stop looking till I hold you in my arms' but after some minutes I already had a lot of the lyrics. Because it was so real.

Later I changed some things so it seemed like I wrote about a thing that can happen to everyone, every day. I made it more general.

In the evening i had almost all of the song text and I also had some melodies and chords for this song.

I called it 'I don't even know your name'.

I decided to continue working on it tomorrow and went to bed very early.
Writing and singing about it really made me feel better. It gave me hope. I would run and search her and won't stop until I would finally hold her in my arms again.

Tomorrow I would try to find any ways to see her again, it had to be possible to find her. It had to.

Soon i fell asleep and it was a calm and dreamless night so I woke up in the morning with a smile on my face and with very very much hope. I would not give up.