Chapter Five

THE GUY YOU'D NEVER EXPECT

Tuesday

last hour is always the best. that's when we all see each other. my old friend, bradley, walks up to me, as im walking to second-to-last hour and says:

"you are such a fucking fag"

"excuse me?" i say.

" you always hang out with those... weird kids, but that blonde one, alexia i think, is fucking hot i would tap that shit in a second." he says.

before i realize what i am doing, i push his books out of his hands and throw him to the ground.

"don't you ever fucking talk about my friends like that you dick!" i yell.

he stands up, and everyone starts to look our direction. bradley swings at my jaw and collides with it. i grab his hair and smash his face on a locker. he pulls away and starts to beat my stomach. i swing my fist and collide with his jaw and stomach. soon he is bleeding from a plethora of places and is hunched over coughing blood. i, nevertheless, continue to land punches. then a teacher pulls me off of bradley and to the office. i sit in a chair until i am called to go to the principal's office. he tells me to sit. i do as told.

" alex, son, i assume you know why you're here. so let's get down to it. three weeks of detention. now go!" the principal says.

i leave knowing i won't be around for much longer so i just brush it off. i just meander about the halls until last hour. people start to flow into the hallways, and as i pass them, the sea of people parts. i hear people whispering things like:

"he's the kid who beat the shit out of bradley"

"bradley probably let him do it"

"damn he's hot"

i stop, turn, and raise my hands above my head and. i yell:

"yes! whisper all these things about me, but let me tell you. do not fuck with the Suicide Club because ill personally beat the fuck out of you because im a suicidal dick!"

people start to cheer and i walk out and sit in my car.

"dude, that was so awesome! what you did back there? was great." i hear calum say.

"it really was." i hear alexandria say.

"you're welcome guys," i say. "also if you guys wanna go down to the lake, have a good time? meet me there six o'clock." and with that, i drive off.

Three days