Blood & The Helm

The robust sea shows of the approaching storm. The sky is lit brightly by the sun but soon to be covered by thick, grey clouds. Calico City is in chaos since the death of their beloved Prince. The people of the Empire are irritable today as they seek revenge upon the murderer. With that mindset, they continue to go about their day like any other day.

The market square have shops set up with fruits, vegetables, armor, weapons, and much more. This is how the people make gold coins. The most famous is the red wine of Calico. This brings all types of people from acrosss the world.

Before the storm arrives, many are entering the city in order to buy the red wine in bulk for their people. Many come by foot, but there are some ships in the sea that set sail. The one entering the harbor is one from Athelus.

The people of Calico begin to become rowdy and begin to curse the Athelusians. They all stop what they're doing and stand upon the edge of the wall as the cog docks at the pier. The approaching storm provides a quick, but difficult way of docking within the harbors.

The man that exits the cog walks along with two knights. He holds a golden helm underneath his arms that are cloaked by the black and red colored fabric. His hair is dark and long in the center as the sides are down to near nothing. His brown eyes are held upon low, but thickened cheek bones. A scar goes from his left eye to his chin.

As the Athelusians walk along the pier, the people begin throwing vegetables at them and booing. They curse with anger towards the men.

What is wrong with these people?

"Why do you all curse at us like we are enemies? Do we not have peace?"

The people continue to curse and throw things at them. The captain starts to grow impatient and angry. As a tomato bursts atop of his head, he loses it.

"You curse at us and disrespect us like we are animals. I shall teach you all respect. I've grown completely impatient with the ignorance. I, captain Gia, will begin killing you all one by one.

Suddenly that man vanishes from the pier. The people quiet as they are confused as to what has happened. Then from behind a man screams. Gia has appeared behind him. He shoves his dagger through his back and it exits through the man's chest.

He vanishes again in attempt to harm another person, as he reappears with his sword to strike, his sword is suddenly blocked then knocked away from him.

"What the hell happened?" Gia questions.

From behind a voice rang, "Gia, you still haven't learned your place. You've done enough killing. Just like the rest of you filthy Athelusians. You or someone from your Empire took my son's life," Ciam states boldly.

"Ciam Hikorashi, how wonderful for you to join the party. Shall I remove you from command once and for all or will you provide me with the wine that I've come for?" Gia questions with threats.

They stand there staring at each other as silence dominates the Empire. The sun fades away as the dark clouds stroll in front. The sea begins to splash up into the land as rain begins to pelt the ground. Blood that covered the ground begins to swifly run into the sea.

Ciam removes his good from the cloak and let's the rain soak his skin. He grabs two daggers from his waist. "Well, come at me."

Gia grows angry, but tells his knights to stand down. "Don't attempt to interfere as I have this fight won with ease."

Gia vanishes and from behind Ciam he appears, swinging his sword of gold. As he appears to have Ciam, he suddenly moves and elbows Gia in the chest. Then knees him in the gut. Gia falls to his knees.

"Are you going to aplogize for attacking my people?"

Gia replies, "They cursed at me and disrespected me, why should I apologize for their ignorance?"

As he begins to silent his tongue, he quickly reaches for his dagger in his boot and thrusts it towards Ciam's chest, but Ciam dodges and thrusts his dagger in his right hand in Gia's throat. Suddenly Gia lost his will to breathe and grips his hands around the dagger. His hands begin be covered by His own blood, too thick for the rain to wash away too quickly. He tries to catch his breath but can not. Be looks as his eyes begin to fade as his knights retreat to the ship.

Damn, I've been abandoned here to die in my own blood. At least I die in honor.