Chapter 1- It Starts with Me

Kath's POV

I'm Kathie Blake. I'm simply a first year highschool student and is admired for my intelligence in school. I attend a school named Horlow Academy, an international school for rich kids like me.

I'm the daughter of two people who are well-known because of making the company so far progressive. Those two people are my parents. But to me its hard to believe they were my parents. I am proud to be their daughter because of their nice performance and great productivity during work. The reason I hardly believe they are my parents was because they treat me like a nobody at home.

Yes, they give me all my needs but they don't give me any attention at all. They treat me as if I'm just a mere ghost or wind that just passed by. They only treat me like their own loving daughter in grand occasions like parties and such for celebrating their successful company progress.

One of the reasons I don't feel like their daughter was because they don't even have time to celebrate my birthday with me so I just sit at the grand table and eat my finely made strawberry cake while there are a huge number of maids lined up in the opposite sides of the table to supply my needs.

I hate them...both of them. Yes, they might be the reason I'm alive now but why stay alive if the parents who gave birth to you won't mind you at all? They'd act like you were just a pest lying around the corner...they'd act like you never even came in their lives...that you never even exist...

I-I hated it...being treated that way. So one day at my 9th birthday I told the maids that I won't eat unless mom and dad ate with me. They said that mom and dad were in an important meeting so they couldn't have time celebrating with me.

I told them I wouldn't eat unless they eat with me. And I really did what I said. The maids began to worry about me because it was 9 p.m already and I hadn't took a single bite on my food so they called to my mom and dad to come eat with me.

After 2 whole hours mom and dad came home. I got happy because of course it will be my first time eating as a whole family at my birthday so because of my excitement I rushed to mom and dad and gave them a big warm hug. But what happened next is not what I was expecting...they pushed me lightly away from them and looked at me with confusing but angry eyes.

It made me take a few steps backward then my mother said angrily..." Maids! Why is Kathie still up?! I was sure enough that I told you to feed her then let her go to sleep!!!" I was in great shock. "But ma'am we..." The maids were trying to explain that I wanted them to eat with me but daddy stopped them in a flash " No buts! Take her to her bed right this instant!" He said angrily. Then one maid held me gently at the shoulders then replied politely back to my parents " But she didn't eat yet." Then mom and dad look at the maids with furious eyes then mom said to the maid still in an angry manner. " How could that be possible?! I told you maids to feed her then take her to bed and sleep! Come on ladies it was a very simple task! How could you not do it?!" Then I removed the maids arms around me and was about to say it was because I wanted us to eat together but dad looked to me angrily and said " And you young lady why can't you follow orders?! *sigh* Never mind...maids feed her then let her sleep. We're tired from day's work so we have to sleep. And you Kathie you have to follow orders!" Then both mom and dad went upstairs to their room.

I had no other choice but to obey dad's orders. As he said I ate then slept. I cried all night because we didn't eat together not once until now. That time I knew that it is us impossible for them to do something I want to do.

That time I thought "Why do I need to live anyway if my own parents treat me more like a mere dirt in the house? I think I'd rather die right now..." But something stopped me. I don't know what or who it is but I stopped at that moment...