Chapter 2 : High School

I woke up with both of my parents beside me, looking quite sad.

"Dont worry, it's nothing too serious. Its just a minor cut", me telling an obvious lie while trying to cover up the pain with a smile.

"Marcel left some butterscotch cookies for you. And yeah, one more thing. The doctor said that you have to stitch your cut considering that it was deep", my father said that while my mother was looking around at my ward, still feeling sad.

I was shocked to hear that I have to get some stitches done for my poor finger. Suddenly, the doctors came in and my parents kissed my forehead and quietly left.

"Hmmmm, how are you doing Anthony Daniels?", the doctor said while putting on his rubber gloves.

"Errr yeah. I think I kinda feel good now, I perhaps", swallowing my saliva down my throat.

"Please keep calm and dont panic. It wont be painful at all unless you resist", the doctor said that, giving me the reassuring look.

"Haha, sure, it won't be painful at all!", replied him with full of sarcasm.

He pulled out a syringe from the drawer that was beside me and slowly injecting it on my hand.

"This is what you call the painkiller, so that you won't feel anything while I'm stitching your cut", removing it carefully afterwards.

I did not give a damn to what he was saying. I was much more interested on what would happen to me next.

"Just close your eyes. You probably don't want to see me stitching up your cut, do you?"

So I quickly closed my eyes and waited for any sudden pain. Well, at first I could literally feel a needle penetrating through my skin and I felt like screaming.

"Ouch! Be gentle, atleast",  giving him my most displeasing look.

The pain was undescribable. But after a few more times, I did not feel anything at all. I had a total of 6 stitches on my finger and I could'nt adjust my finger.

The doctor told me to not open the stitches until the next two weeks and I have to take care of it safely.The doctor said that I was fine and I could finally go home. My parents took me home and I slept till the next morning.

********************************

"Ring!", my small but loud alarm clock rang at 6.30am.

It was the first day of high school and I was posted to this school called Swiss Cottage High School. Everything was like before, just that now, I had to do most of my jobs using only my right hand.

I woke up and lazily walked towards the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and wash my hair and body with my right hand. It was really tiring. I wrapped my towel around me and went back to my room. I wore my new set of uniform sloppily and went down to the dining room to have my breakfast. My mother cooked Fish and Chips for me and it was simply delectable. I swept my hair to the left, carried my bag and left for school.

The school was quite far from here so I had to take a 20-minute bus trip from the bus stop opposite my house. I unlocked my phone and played a few songs from Pierce The Veil and Sleeping With Sirens. A few kids from the other blocks of Valleyville were also from the same high school as me, I assumed.

I then rode the bus a few other kids.

The sound of the opening door woke me up from my peaceful nap. I rubbed my dozy eyes, squinting around to see how was the high school like. I got off the yellow and big bus that said, "Swiss Cottage School Bus". I scrutinized the whole building and I was flamboyantly speechless. It was beyond my wildest dreams.