8: The First Morning // Finnian

A loud knock on the door awoke Finn from his slumber, followed by Cambria's voice yelling, "Rise and shine!"

Finn groaned as he rolled in the sheets, pulling the comforter over his head. Sunlight poured into the room through the white curtains.

"Hey, Finn! Get up, or else you guys will never get home!" Cambria yelled again, "You already missed breakfast!" She knocked on the door loudly again before she walked away, her footsteps becoming more faint.

Finn sighed as he rolled out of bed and onto the floor, tangled in the covers. "Shit." He muttered, untangling himself from the sheets and standing up.

Last night, dinner was a bit strange. The food here obviously wasn't the same as the food back home. Finn's pickiness had made him lose his appetite halfway through dinner. He excused himself and wandered around the home, mainly through the long hallways. After dinner was over, Cambria led him and Lily to their rooms.

Now Finn looked around the room, his eyes laying on a large dresser. He opened a drawer and found many shirts his size. He opened another and found pants his size as well. He assumed that the other drawers had underwear, sweaters, and accessories. Quickly picking out his clothes, he made his way out of his room. He stopped outside his door before looking around, where was he supposed to go?

"Down the hall and to your left, next to the table with the three silver stags on it." Courier said as he walked passed Finn, a sly grin on his face.

"I thought I told you to stop doing that." Finn said as he glared at Courier.

Courier chuckled as he stopped, "You didn't. You just told me to... what was it you said? Oh yeah, you told me to 'fuck off,' right?"

"Whatever, just quit that mind thing." Finn muttered as he walked past Courier.

"You're stuck with me until you get to Arabellia, so you might as well deal with it!" Courier yelled as Finn walked away from him.

Finn's mornings were always bitter, but this one was especially bitter. This was his first morning in another world, and it was just like the rest. He spotted the small ornamental table with three silver stags atop it's polished surface. Finn opened the bathroom door and hastily freshened up. Luckily, this world had some human toiletries. But, as human and normal it seemed, they were also decked out with vene technology. He took a quick shower, (a quick shower being twenty minutes, it took about fifteen minutes for him to figure it out) followed by him brushing his teeth and dressing himself quite fast.

Finn looked at himself in a large full-body mirror. He now wore a black dress shirt, blue jeans, and new dark green shoes. It was an upgrade from the clothes he came here with. He stepped out of the bathroom and spotted Cambria.

"Oh, I see you're up!" Cambria said cheerfully, "Lily and Courier are with my mom at the entrance."

"Wait, Ms. Santhium is your mom?" Finn asked. Cambria did resemble the cervitaur slightly, but not really. The only connection Finn could make between the two was that Cambria was a ram and that Santhium was a deer, and even that made little to no sense to him.

"I'm adopted, just like the rest of my siblings." Cambria said with a smile. "Some of us look alike, some don't. Anyway, I'm sure you don't know the way back to the entrance."

"I... don't." Finn said, letting out a sigh.

"Of course you don't." Cambria mumbled, tugging on his arm and leading him down the hall, back to the entrance of the literal treehouse. Santhium, Lily, and Courier were waiting by the entrance.

"Wait, what about my other clothes?" Finn asked. Soon afterwards, a messenger bag was thrown into his gut, knocking the wind out of him. He wheezed as he caught the bag, "What was that for?!"