Chapter 31 Ellie

David and Theodora were hosting a dinner for her dragon rider sisters. Susan's baby boy was two weeks old and Aliyah was holding the infant. Elodia and Maryann both sitting next to Theodora who held both of their babies. "It's so nice of the men to do the cooking," Elodia said.

"The best part was watching David chase the chickens. Tiny really got into it," Theodora laughed. "I finally used my sling and we were able to get our dinner caught."

"The meal looks pretty elaborate, roasted chicken, corn on the cob and potatoes. Eli even tried his hand at corn bread," Elodia said. "I'll take Bea back Teddie, she wants to nurse." Theodora gave Bea back to her mother as the infant was crying.

"Walter made bubbly pies," Maryann said, "and cleaned the kitchen."

"Dinner is ready!" David called and they walked to the garden where the men had set up the tables and chairs borrowed from their homes.

"I love your flower garden Teddie," Susan said.

"Mathilda helped me design and plant it. The flowers change with the season, always something new, and it will be spectacular by next year."

"I remember Mathilda's garden in Taylor. Her new one has ponds and running water," Elodia said.

"David plans that for mine too, it's his winter project."

"Walter tells me he is doing well at the healer academy," Maryann said.

"He is very excited to be a healer, it's something he has always wanted."

"Are you girls talking about us?" David asked as he assisted Theodora to her seat.

"Why do you thing that Davey, we have the weather to discuss and corn and pork belly futures." Most of the cooking had been done outside and a large elevated stone pit the men had built for cooking. Even the corn was grilled and the meal was excellent and highly complimented by the women. "Next time let's try pork on the grill," Theodora said.

They had just finished cleaning up from their dinner when Mother Ruth and Mathilda arrived. Theodora invited them to join them for desert and hot coco. "We hate to intrude Mother Ruth said but we have a request."

"We're ready!" Elodia said.

"No you three have new babies to care for. This will be yours alone Teddie. You have the right to refuse."

"Tell what you need."

"A group of families were crossing the Pipsqueak Pass and have gone missing. They had an early heavy snow fall of at least twelve feet. Apparently they strayed from the pass. We need a dragon flight to locate them and fly in supplies until the rescue team can reach them."

"I'll go Mother."."

"I thought you would Teddie. Let's finish the hot coco and is that bubbly pies? I will direct Pip so you won't have to cross the continent. You'll have time to change and prepare. Bring a heavy blanket or two."

Theodora dressed in her flight suit as David assisted. "You can lace the corset a little tighter Davey, what do you think?" She turned about smiling with mischief as she put her hands on his shoulders giving him a clear view of her cleavage. "Like what you see?"

"Oh god Mouse!" Theodora laughed.

"I got a new red dress to wear to the harvest festival in a few weeks, should I wear my corset with it?" David was speechless and only nodded. She laughed and slipped on her shirt and vest. "I wanted to give you something special to remember while I was gone," she purred.