one\\ spectrum [subject to editing]

One// spectrum

             Lydia Martin couldn’t sleep at night, and as time went on it was becoming a problem. Part of it was because concealer no matter how good could only cover so much, and the other part was even though scientist hadn’t figured it out, sleep was extremely important and Lydia’s body was starting to shut down.

         It had been ninety-six hours since Lydia last slept, and sleep was closing in on her at the same pace the Darach was closing in on herself and the rest of the “scobby-doo” gang. So now forty-seven cups of coffee and twenty-eight red bulls later she sat in AP Language and Composition trying desperately to keep her eyes open. It was then that her phone buzzed  

           One un-read message

           She opened it and read:

  How long has it been since you slept? –Stiles

             She pivoted in her seat to see him staring intently at her, when she turned he merely quirked an eyebrow at her, as if daring her to lie about it.  She turned back around and typed a quick response.

  None of your business sweetheart  -Lydia

             It was almost immediately that he phone buzzed again alerting her to another text message.

  Well I’m making it my business, so how long? –Stiles

 Four days, whatever, big deal–Lydia

           There was distinctive sound of a book slamming and the entire class turned around to see a very agitated Stiles. Mr. Dunbar glared at him from the front of the classroom. Teacher didn’t tend to like Stiles…or Scott for that matter.

              “Is there something you’d like to share with the class Mr. Stilinski?” He asked. “Perhaps why you are disturbing this lesson?”

              “Yeah,” Stiles said lookin up at the teacher, “Did you know the circumcision was started by the egyptions? I mean we go through life thinking it was jews and it's not I mean pshhh mind blowing."             

         “Detention Mr. Stilinski tomorrow after school.” Mr. Dunbar said sourly before returning to his lecture. It was at least ten minuets before she felt her phone buzz again.

      almost as mind blowing as you not sleeping- Stiles

         “Lydia?” Allison questioned “are you okay, you look like you haven’t slept in days.”

             “That’s because she hasn’t.” Stiles spoke sliding into his seat across from her. “Four days, isn’t that right Lydia?”

             She glared at him, who did he think was!

            “I’m fine.” She told them all, because now everyone, they where all staring now, Isaac, Scott, Stiles and Alison they where all giving her a pointed look.   

              “SO!” Lydia said angrily, her nose stuck up, “I’m not sleeping it’s not that big of deal. You want to know what’s a big deal? Me finding dead bodies all over the freaking town.”

              Before they could do anything more than look shocked, Lydia had gotten up from the table, drawn herself up to herself fullest high and stalked off, heels clicking madly against the linoleum floor.