Chapter 4

Stephanie sat at her desk, waiting for the bell to ring so class can start. She always had a bad habit of checking her phone to see the time, even if she knew what the time was.

"Who ya texting?" Questioned her friend Cat as she dumped her backpack onto the desk and hovered over Stephanie's phone.

"Dude, back off" Stephanie said as she tried to push Cat away from the phone screen. Cat huffed in annoyance as she groaned "you never tell me anything"

"It's literally nothing, I'm just checking my mail" Stephanie said as she began putting away her phone.

"Oh no, don't tell me you did it again" Cat said, eyeing Stephanie suspiciously.

"Did what"

"You know what I'm talking about" Cat said as she stared at Stephanie intently, not moving a single muscle.

"I've done nothing" Stephanie said as she tried to keep a straight face but failed miserably and began laughing.

"Aha! You did it again! You entered one of those dumb contests!" Cat said as she practically attacked Stephanie.

"No I didn't!" Stephanie said, trying to sound serious but failing once again as she exploded into a fit of giggles.

"Yes you did! And I know you did because you only check your mail if you entered a contest and you always laugh when you're trying to lie!" Cat grabbed Stephanie's backpack and opened it, snatching her phone and unlocking it.

Stephanie reached her arm out in an attempt to retrieve her phone but failed, knowing that Cat was much stronger than her, she sat back down with her arms crossed and a pout on her face.

"Steph honey, you know these are fake. Why do you do this to yourself?" Cat said with a sad smile.

"You know why" Stephanie said looking down with a frown.

"You'll meet him someday, I promise" Cat said with a slight smile in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"I wish" Stephanie replied as she took her phone back and slid it into the front pocket of her backpack.

The sound of the bell ringing sends everyone into their seats as the teacher begins teaching.

"I really wish I win" Stephanie thinks as she takes one glance at her backpack and directs her attention towards the teacher. Letting her mind wander to anything other than what's being taught.