Prologue

Connor Fay is a sixteen year old boy how lives on a island called Shurgin island. He lives in a village called Shingin which is the only village on the island. The reason it's called Shurgin island is because polar bear sized wolves called Shurgin live on the island. Connor's people live peacefully with the Shurgin, but are very negative to new comers. They don't think outsiders are to be trusted since the power war's. But Connor doesn't care, he's a fighter and always getting stronger. By the age of ten he beat the best fighter in the village and he is the only person in the world to tame a Shurgin and seems to talk with the giant wolf. Connor left at the age of thirteen on his right of passage, the condition is that you leave for six months and return with a treasure that can be knowledge or an item, or not return and be banished and shunned by the island. 

Connor was gone for two years to get stronger. He found a great fighter thought to be dead, while Connor was under Alexander's wing he worked as a peacekeeper and eliminated who ever disturbed the peace. Connor is mentally unstable because he had to stop a war from breaking out. Connor had to kill an evil kings wife to break his heart because the king loved her more than life it self and Connor was fourteen when he had to do this, but she did not die instantly and grabbed his arm.

"young man do you think death will stop death and nobody will be affected, no my husband ... my love has become a monster because this world dictates you be strong to protect those you love but they never tell you the price, I forgive you for striking me down and hope my death contributes to end this madness but, this will not end with the tip of a blade but the realization that we're digging our own graves." Connor closed her eyes said his prayer and left, Connor never forget her and decided he would never kill a person as a first solution but as a last resort. He never finished training with Alexander because when he turned fifteen he found out that he was a spirit holder, they only appear when a great evil or conflict is fixing to rise. There are four spirit holders at a time they either defend the world or bring it to its knees, spirit holders are special people around the world that have the powers of four specific animal's, the wolf, bear,eagle,and snake. Connor rushed back to the island to learn more about the spirit holders. Though when he got back to the island they shunned him, the only reason the village elders let him back in is because he was a spirit holder. When you become a spirit holder your eye color changes and Connor's eyes had went from brown to a sky blue, this proved to the elders he was a spirit holder. Connor was so happy to see his family and so were they except his father, he was upset with Connor as well as the rest of the village. The village doesn't think he deserves the power or the right to rejoin them and would like to see him disappear.