Chapter 1: A New Day

'"Connor! Wake up wake up it's time to go sleepy head!" 

"Rosemary get off me, don't worry we won't be late were the only ones going anyway, so get out of my room." Connor frustratingly throws his pillow at his younger sister.

"Fine I'll see  you out side then, slow poke." Rosemary runs out of his room so quickly that he hears a loud crash from the other room. That girl need's to know when to slow down or she'll miss the good things in life like naps why can't people enjoy naps any more, it always seems like there in such a hurry these days. Connor thinks to himself as he makes his way to the main room.

"Morning mother"

"Morning sleepy head" Connor notices that she is throwing something away, probably whatever Rosemary crashed in to.

"Mother where's my scarf, I couldn't find it in my room." She points to a small box resting on a table. 

"you know you really shouldn't wear  that any more, it's imbued with magic from a man not known to us and everybody hates to see you wear it."Connor's mom says as she walks towards him, handing him his bow.

"It's one of the things that the elders let me keep,  I'm going to wear it, it keeps me safe and it's all I have of the outside" Connor takes his bow and straps it to his back and grabs a gauntlet that he straps to his right forearm.

"I know it's just that, the elders already don't like what you did and wearing that plus the gauntlet doesn't help you into their favor"

"I won't get rid of the gauntlet and for the elders I could care less about what they think, it's not like they can do anything about me anyway I'm the strongest, fastest, smartest  in the village and I trained Rosemary she's the second best in the whole village so if the have a bone to pick they can try but won't succeed."Connor vents frustrated at the thought of the elders and what they made him do to get back into the village. 

"I know all of that, just be careful, remember arrogance comes before the fall."

Connor smiles, he always loved that saying for some odd reason but now he knows that it's his mom's way of saying slowdown before you lose your head "Yeah ok mom, your the best teacher I've had, love you." 

New day, new danger, new adventure lets go seize it. Connor could barley take two step out side before Rosemary was already getting on to him again. "It's about time I thought you'd never get out of bed sleepy head! Why do you take so long to do things, you know for being so "strong", "fast", and "smart" you sure do take a long while to do things."

Connor could barely keep up with his little sister who was admittedly the faster of the two, even though there has never been a race to prove that she is faster, both Connor and Rosemary know that she could run circle's around him. 

"Well Rosy now that you've got this "slowpoke" out of bed what do you want to know? I'll tell you anything about the main land since today is your right of passage."

Rosemary's eyes instantly started to shine as Connor said this, She had never before been able to ask him about the out side world before, it had always been forbidden but since to day was her trial she was allowed to ask anything thing she wanted.

"NO WAY!! are you serious I finally get to ask you about the mainland, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" Rosemary happily exclaims as she jumps around Connor in pure and utter excitement.Connor stands back a little freaked out by his little sister.

"I want to know" Rosemary begins but is interrupted when a young man the same age as Connor steps in between both of them. His name is Dean Vages and if their was anyone who hated Connor more then the elders it was him, he was always the one that the elders sent to summon him.

"The elders want both of you now, so why don't you hightail it to them deserter." Dean spits at Connor's feet as he walks away. Connor rolls his eyes and turns to Rosemary.

"Sorry kiddo but I guess the questions will have to wait till we have more time, come on we better hurry up to the elders." Rosemary looks down sadly but perks right back up to her usual self.

"Fine but next time I'll make sure my questions are answered and that there won't be a pest to disturb us." Rosemary smiles and runs ahead like a little kid. 

I wish I could get a real moment to reconnect with my family, Rosemary tries to act like I was never gone but I fell so behind and alone even with her and mom trying to help me readjust and for dad, well he's just decided to ignore me. Connor shakes these thoughts out of his mind and runs after Rosemary.