Chapter One

Mia

        It's Saturday morning and I woke up to the sun streaming through my curtains, accompanied by the sound of Charlotte's voice sounding through the intercom. "Mia and Bree! Rise and shine, breakfast is served in ten minutes!"

        Yawning, I sat up in my king sized canopy bed, kicking my fluffy white duvet and sheets out of the way with my feet. I slide out of bed, and shuffle over to my en-suite to go take a quick shower before breakfast.

        Taking out two fluffy white towels from the corner closet and sitting them on the counter, while turning on the water, I step in. 'There's nothing like a nice hot shower with milk & honey soap!' I thought to myself. Lathering some shampoo into my hair and sculpting it into a soapy mohawk on top of my head, I giggled at how weird I must look.

        Adding on a bubble beard to go with my Mohawk I started to get a little carried away with my bubbly 'facial hair'.

        Oh right, breakfast is ready.

*~*~*~*

Bree's POV

        "Charlotte, you made my favorite!" I squealed, looking down at the large tray in front of me. On it was a bowl of assorted fruits, a few strips of crispy bacon, and a mango smoothie. Seriously, yum!

        Just as I start to munch on a small strip of bacon, Mia comes running down the stairs. Her auburn hair is almost dripping wet, flicking from side to side as she cascades over to the table. "So Char, what's for breakfast this morning?" She asks with a smile.

         Charlotte sends her a wink as she places another tray down in front of Mia, who is now sitting directly across from me.

        "Awe, Char, thank you! You know how much I love my strawberries and bacon in the morning! And you even made a strawberry smoothie too!"

        Charlotte begins to walk back into the kitchen, to prepare breakfast for out brother.

         "Hey, on your way down, you didn't happen to run into Nick, did you?" I ask my sister. "No, I didn't see h-"

        "WOO HOOOOOO!"

        Both of us snap out heads in the direction of the stairs, where Nick is on the ground laughing.

        Yeah, occasionally, he makes use of the zip line we have for the stairs. I'm serious, the stairs are so steep, for the main staircase we have a zip line. It comes in handy sometimes.

        "NICK!" My sister and I yell in unison.

         He just picks himself up off the ground, still in hysterics, and casually walks over to the table as if nothing happened. "Is Nick finally up?" We hear Charlotte giggle from the kitchen.

        "Yes ma'am, and I am hungry."

*~*~*~*

        After breakfast, we all returned to our rooms to get ready for the day. I flicked on the light to my closet as grabbed the remote and pressed the center button.

        With in seconds, the large white wooden panels moved to either side of me to reveal a large, semi walk-in wardrobe.

        Looking around, I decided on wearing a pair of black leggings, and a band tee crop top. Pressing the center button again and watching the doors fold back into the wall coming to a close, I flicked the light off and walked out.

        Walking past my night stand to the door, I grabbed my book I was currently reading, Promise You Won't Tell by John Locke, and headed out bare foot to sit in the garden and read.

         "I'm glad I had that hammock put in by the fountain, it's a very nice and calming spot." Knowing Mia, she's probably in the theatre room, watching mean girls on netflix and updating her VSCO or something.

        You see, my sister and I are very alike. We like the same people the same things, and that probably has to do with the fact that were twins. But with Nick, we all may share the same auburn hair, striking green eyes and naturally bronzed skin, but we have almost nothing in common.

         Mia and I bond with our brother all the time, but it's just that we share zero interests. Nothing. Nada. While we're quiet and don't draw much attention to ourselves, he's loud and very popular.

        Nick's famous for throwing his amazing parties at our house. During those parties though, Mia and I usually take walks through the garden with the string lights on, making the garden look enchanted and even more beautiful, or we may have a movie night in one of our rooms or in the theatre room if Nick isn't using it.

         Now that schools over though, it's around the time that Nick has his big summer vacation bash - everyone, and I mean everyone is there. Maybe Mia and I should attend, just to get the whole 'end of sophmore year party extravaganza' experience. And if all goes well, maybe we'll even make some new friends! Hmm, I should talk to her about that later.

        Laying down in the hammock, I begin to read, and eventually drift off to sleep.