Four >Home Sweet Home*

I hear movement behind us and look back and see Iris. She's wearing a black tank top and on it says 'school sucks, start a band!' with some faded plaid red and black skinnies with rips all over.

I move over to leave room between me and Renae for Iris to sit. She sits down and she is ice cold. "My keeper of warmness left me this morning" she said glaring at me with dark blue and red eyes.

"Wait. I-I thought your eyes were blue?" I questioned, staring at her eyes in amazement.

"They are originally, but they change depending on my mood. Why what color are they?" She asks, glancing at Renee.

"Like blue and red, do you know what most colors stand for?"

"Yea. Blue means normal or no emotion. Red means love, purple mean interest. Green means irritated or disgusted, and black is horror. Oh and i found out a new one. Blue and red means I'm angry." I thought why is she mad. Wait.

"Wait. Are mad because I wasn't there with you this morning to keep you warm." I inquired with a soft chuckle. She nodded her head up and down slowly.

I brought her into my lap. I hugged her and she quickly snuggled into my arms. "And I wouldn't be so cold if I could wear my hoodie." She brought up, and I sighed looking down at Renae and Iris.

"Do you wanna wear my batman hoodie. But you have to promise to let us check every week to make sure you're doing okay" She slowly said yes. I got up with her in my arms.

I can carry her with one arm like a baby on my hip, she's as light as a feather. We go to my suitcase and get out my big batman hoodie. I sit her on my bunk and she slides in on fast and easy, her hands, you can't even see. She claps her hands together like a seal and giggles, I laugh a little at the fact she was acting like a little kid on Christmas.

I pick her back up and she asks if she can get a cappuccino. I say yes so we go to the kitchen and I get the stuff out for her. She makes the cappuccino while I sit down and finish my coffee, which is cold. After I finish I put my cup in the sink and sit back down at the table. After Iris finishes making her drink, she grabs her cup and carefully moves to the seat. She sits down beside me and sips her coffee a she gets her phone out and plays on it.

She drops her phone and gets up with tears in her eyes. She goes to the back room and I pick up her phone to see what it is. 'This girl is such a slut. I bet shes fucked her new dad already. Haha!' There was a photo of Iris In just her underwear. You could see all of her scars and fresh wounds, and her hair was a blue and red. She had her hands covering her face and he was crying. I turned her phone off and got up.

I ran to the back and found her laying down in the corner crying in her hands. "Hey, don't worry about it. I'm gonna talk to her okay? Just ignore her. You know she's just jealous cause you're awesome and way more better than her. And you have a family that'll always be there for you. Okay? So stop crying. I know it hurts but I'll help you get through this okay." I soothed, as I rocked her back and forth in my arms.

I guess Renae found out because I can hear her yelling profanities as she walks back here. I pulled away from Iris and she was laughing as Renae came over to us. She had anger in her eyes. Iris' eyes were black, she was scared, but of what? Renae, or the girl who sent the message.

"Hey Iris. Where's that song at?" I asked, trying to change the topic. She pointed towards her suitcase and I went and opened it then grabbed her notebook. I flipped through the pages and found the song, or a song. "Iris what song is this?" She took the notebook from me and skimmed over the lyrics.

"A song I am working on for Renae and I, called 'Just A Dream'. And I have another one that even you guys could help with the instruments, called 'Angel With A Shotgun' oh and this is 'This is war'. I just like writing songs. Sorry." She said, getting quieter at the end.