Chapter 13 - Darry

*THE OUTSIDERS SPOILERS*
-This is almost a year old as well but I still like it. The point of the project was to write a chapter 13 for The Outsiders, resolving the story a little bit more. I decided to do it in Darry's perspective and make it as though he is writing in a journal.

Pony got an A+ on his assignment. I'm real proud of him, he's been struggling a lot in school lately, he's missed so much. I convinced him to let me and Soda read it. He stuck to the truth completely. He's a real good writer too. I'm tryna get him to sell it or something, he says he might, but he's still not sure.
He says he's gonna try to get back on the track team again. I hopes he makes it, it'll help him take his mind off of Johnny and Dally. I don't see why he wouldn't make the track team, he's the best runner I know.
I'm hoping I can help him get back on track with his school work. He's real smart and all, but he's missed so much its gonna be hard for him to catch up with everybody else. Two-Bit told me theres been some talk about Ponyboy lately at school. Kids coming up to him in the hall and asking about Johnny, Bob, and Dallys deaths. They don't get personal space, do they?
They wrote a whole article about Johnny's death. It was basically just a recap on everything that happened, all building up to the day he died. His funerals next week. I can't decide whether a whole bunch of people will show up, because he was a hero, or if almost nobody will show up, because he's a greaser and killed a guy. I hope people show up, Johnny was a good kid, we all miss him.
No editorials were written about Dally. Although Dally was a scary guy, and was often in trouble with the law, it's still sad to hear that nobody will write about Dally in the news paper. He tried to save Johnny's life and he saved Ponyboy's. Dally was a, how do I word it? Unique guy? I don't think I'll ever meet somebody like Dally, who went through the same stuff he did. We all miss Dally as much as we miss Johnny.
I'm still worried about Ponyboy, he hasn't been the same since Johnny died. Soda tells me it's probably normal, he says it'd be like if he lost Steve. I agree with him. Johnny and Pony were awful close. It must be so hard for Pony. I still feel bad though. Ponyboys a good kid, I hate seeing him all sad and dull.
I'm hoping I can get a raise at one of my jobs, Ponyboys coming to the age where most kids get a part-time job. I don't think he should get one 'till hes done highschool, at least. It would help if he did get a job, but its probably best that he keeps his grades at their best, so he can get a scholarship for university. I don't want him to end up bumming around like Two-Bit, I mean, I like Two-Bit and all but i don't think he's the best role model for Ponyboy.
Ponyboys been hanging around with Steve and Two-Bit more at school. I over heard Soda telling Steve not to be so rude to Ponyboy, and I've noticed that it's been working. He's more accepting of Ponyboy tagging along with him and Soda when they go places. Two-Bit doesn't mind hanging out with Pony, I don't see why he would. Two-Bits always gotten along with Ponyboy.
Anyways me and Ponyboy are going to go see a movie. We've been doing that lately. I've learned to stay awake until the end of movies. I appreciate them a little bit more. And I like spending time with Ponyboy. We used to fight a whole lot before, but now we rarely do. I realised, thanks to Soda, that I should be easier on him. Doing this has made me realize how proud I truly am of Ponyboy.