Chapter 1

Finley Greyhelm was native to the rainy planet of Arkanis. She had lived there, in the outer rim, for her entire life, and only ever heard of other planets. Sunshine was considered rare on Arkanis, which was something Finley happened to like. Her parents were both scientists, who had dedicated their lives to human body advancement research. They were constantly attempting to improve the human race, which was the reason why Finley was born in the first place. She was merely an experiment subject- and couldn't remember a time where they had ever treated her like a daughter. After countless years of pain and suffering, her parents had finally succeeded in their research. They had created, how they thought, the ideal human should function. Finley gained powers that no other citizen of Arkanis had, and for that, she was called a mutant. The girl wasn't proud of who she was, of what her parents had made her become. The power within her was too strong to control. Once the Jedi Council had received word on the situation, every Jedi and soldier fighting for the Republic was sent to retrieve Finley. She was too dangerous to be kept on Arkanis. When Finley heard people of her planet whispering about this as she walked through the streets, that was when she knew that Arkanis could no longer be her home. She snuck on a ship that was said to fly to Tatooine, and went into hiding. Ever since that fateful day, Finley Greyhelm was never seen again.