Chapter 1

I've had this one in the draft section for a while, so I decided to post it and see if people like it or not. I probably won't continue it for a while, but I wanted to see what people thought of it. So comment please! :)

}{ Chapter One }{

 “You do realize I have to be home by 10, right?” I said between breaths.

He smiled, “It’s not my fault the truck is stalled.” He leaned across the truck and kissed me again. His hand was on the back of my neck, gently pulling me closer.

There was a blare of a horn and we jumped apart. Beau was grinning like a boy with his hand caught in the cookie jar, and I felt a blush creep on my cheeks, even though no one could actually see us. I looked over my shoulder at the huge black pick-up behind us. Its headlights filled up the cab of Beau’s old Chevy. Beau twisted back around and started the engine up again at another sound of the truck’s horn and started to drive down the old back road towards my grandmother’s house.

“I knew your truck wasn’t really stalled.” I gave him a playful punch on the shoulder.

He pretended to be ashamed by giving me a bashful smile, “Well, you’re leaving tomorrow. I want to spend every second with you until then.” He reached across the small cab and put an arm around my shoulder, it wasn’t hard to do for him with this long wing span.

I looked at the clock on the dashboard. “Beau, it’s already 9:53.”

He smiled, “Calm down, Gracie, we’ll get there on time.”

“Not if your truck stalls again.”

He looked over his shoulder, but the truck was no longer there, he must have turned. The truck came to an immediate halt. “Uh, oh. Looks like it stalled, again.” He sounded disappointed, but when he turned, he was grinning at me.

I couldn’t help but smile back, “Beau.” The scolding tone in my voice didn’t match the expressison I had on my face.

He threw his hands up in self defense, “It’s not my fault I have a cheap truck.” He paused as I rolled my eyes. “So, what do you want to do while we wait?” He threw me a devilish smile. He leaned in to kiss me, but I stopped him by putting my hand to his face, holding it at arms length away.

“No, Beau. I have to get home. I don’t want to get into trouble on my last night here.”

His face was still squished against my hand, “Oh, come on. Live a little.”

I shook my head, “No, now will you please start the truck up?”

He hung his head in defeat. “Fine.” He did as I told him and finished the drive back to my home for the summer. He pulled into the driveway and shut the engine off. I got out of the truck as he held the door open. I followed him to the front porch.

Just as I was giving him a kiss goodnight, Grandma opened the door. “Caroline Grace!” We broke apart much like we had in the truck at the sound of the horn. “You very well know that it’s past your curfew!” She shouted at me in her country accent. “What took you so long?”

”It’s my fault, Peggy,” Beau covered for me. I looked down to hide my smile, “My truck stalled on our way home.”

She eyed her farm hand suspiciously. “Alright then.”

“Goodnight Grandma,” I walked passed her and gave her a small peck on the cheek.

Beau waved at me when I looked over my shoulder, just as Grandma was closing the door. “And where do you think your going Missy?”