Chapter 4

}Chapter 4{

I woke up the next morning refreshed and ready for the first day of senior year to begin. I, unlike majority of the teenage population, love the first day of school. Everybody is dressed up and looking their best, while the rest of the year they get lazy and wear sweats. It's the only day in the year where everybody looks good. Call me a nerd, but I also love the smell of textbooks, pencils, and newly waxed floors.

I went downstairs for my normal breakfast of a cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal. I sat down at the breakfast table and ate my cereal in silence. I couldn't stop the way my mouth curved up into a smile. It was the first day of school. Dad set his brief case down next to me along with his coat. He frowned and patted down his pockets, "Where did I put my phone?"

I swallowed my cereal, "Did you check the dining table?"

He walked into the dining room and came back empty handed. "No. I remember having it when I got home yesterday, but after that, I have no idea."

I frowned puzzled, "How about yesterday's suit?"

He snapped his fingers and jogged into his bedroom. "AHA!" He came back waving his phone, "Thank you, Cary, I have no idea what I'd do without you."

I smiled, "No problem."

"Okay, well, Carlos is outside waiting for me. I'll see you when I get home." I waved at his back as he left through the front door. A few seconds later he came back through the front door, "I almost forgot. I might have wrecked your car while you were gone, so you'll have to get a ride from someone else." He quickly shut the door before a string of cuss words escaped my mouth.

I continued to grumble about how inconsiderate and irresponsible my father is as I placed my cup and bowl in the sink and got ready for school. My perfect morning had been ruined by my dad's inability to drive a car. As I curled my hair, I called the twins and put them on speaker. After a few rings Savannah answered, "Hey Cary!"

I smiled, "Hey Savannah. I was just wondering if I could get a ride to school.

She sighed, "I wish we could, but we've got a full car. Mom is making us take Ben and his stupid girlfriend to school." I had forgotten their brother was a freshman this year. "I'm really sorry. We'd much rather have you in our car than her. She's got the fashion sense of an elephant."

I smiled, "Yeah. That's okay, I'll find someone else to catch a ride from. I'll see you at school."

"Bye."

I pushed the end button and groaned. Who was I going to get a ride from? I didn't know anybody else well enough to just randomly ask for a ride from. I thought about it, I could ask Rachel, but then again she walks to school. I sprayed hair spray in my hair before checking the mirror one last time. I looked perfect. Better than I had imagined I would on my first day of school. Everything was going according to plan, except for the whole having no car thing.

As I was descending the stair case my phone rang. I didn't think to look at the caller ID and immediately picked it up. "Hello?"

"Hey, Savannah told me you didn't have a ride to school. Do you want me to pick you up?"

I groaned. Jarrod calling  was a blessing, yet at the same time a curse. I had no other choice but to walk. I would have gladly chosen to walk if I hadn't been wearing wedges and the school was more than a mile away. "Yes, please."

He laughed, "I'm pulling into the driveway now."

I hung up and opened the front door to see Jarrod sitting in his black BMW he got for his 16th birthday. I closed the door and locked it behind me. He was smiling as I got into his car. "Wow, you look much better than you did yesterday."