Chapter 1

Today I finally get to start my new school and I'm so excited. Not because I get to meet cute boys or make new friends but I get to play football for one of the best teams. I dress in jean shorts, a black tank top, a black leather jacket, and my red converse. After locking up the house I set my football bag and my school bag in the back seat and climb into the front.

As I walk through the front doors I go to the office to get my classes. As I leave to go find my first class which is math I'm stopped by a girl.

"Hi!" she says in a very perky tone.

"Uh hi," I say.

"You must be new, I'm Caroline," she says and extends out her hand.

"Rachel," I say and shake it.

"Ooh I can tell we're gonna be best friends!"

'Man she seems a bit too nice'

"So, what's your first class?" She asks and takes my schedule from my hands. "Ooh I've got that class too! We can go to class together!"

Once the bell rings Caroline guides me to the classroom. When I walk in the teacher gets up from her seat a walks over to me.

"Oh you must be Rachel! I'm Ms Jones. Class, this is Rachel Collins."

Some of the guys whistle which earns a glare from me.

"So does this hot little thing have a boyfriend?" one guy in the front leans forward and says.

"Can I slap him?" I ask the teacher.

"Ooh feisty, I like that," he says.

"I'd be ok with it but the school wouldn't so I'm going to have to say no." Ms Jones says and sighs. "So how do you like Westfield High so far?"

"It's really cool."

"That's good. Well I guess you can sit in the back since it's the only seat left," she says and points to the seat.

I walk through the sea of desks while everyone stares at me.

Half of the day goes by when I finally her the bell signaling for lunch. I walk with Caroline into the lunchroom and she forces me to sit with the rest of her friends. I wait in line for what seems like forever until in get my chicken sandwich, an apple, and a water.

"So Rachel are to going to play soccer? I'm the captain and I really think you'd be good at it," one of Caroline's friends says to me once I sit down.

"No, I've already got my sport situated," I say.

"Ooh what're you playing?" Caroline asks.

"Football."

"What?!" They say in unison.

"Rachel, there is no football team for girls."

"I know."

"You can't play with the boys!"

"Yeah I can. That's how I got in this school, a football scholarship."

"That's insane."

"Not really, I've been playing since I was 3."

"But you're a girl you can't play football," someone says behind me.

I turn around to see a very attractive boy standing there.